Hi. I'm blogging again after so long. Two days ago we (the sec 4s) had our graduation and last day of school (technically yes, but not really). For those of you in the Philippines reading this, I'm not talking about the kind of graduation we normally have. This one was a very informal thing (we were wearing our uniforms and the parents were'nt invited). It lasted only for 45 minutes.
In the morning, we had a lot of free time, save for English period. Most of our teachers gave us a break and didn't even come to class. We had a lot of picture-taking and signing of autographs.
At around 12nn, our Graduation Ceremony started in the Chapel. There was the awarding of certificates to those leaders of the different CCAs. Short speeches by the principal and reverend. Oh yeah, and Mrs. Tan said that Mrs. Khoo's retiring after this year! Everyone was so shocked! Anyway, after, a small group of girls sang an a cappella version of "I offer my life". It was so cool! Then there was a short powerpoint presentation of all the memories our batch had in the school, photos and all. Then it was done! Well of course there was the singing of the school song and school hymn. Photo-taking again. Then the fun part!
FOOD! Yes, there was a buffet! It wasn't fancy. Just some tidbits and finger foods, but they tasted great! I stuffed myself. There were noodles and tarts-- fruit tarts with strawberry, kiwi and mango! I wished I could've brought some home, but I didn't have a sandwich bag or box to hold the tarts :(
That was officially the end of our school day and we could go home. I packed up my stuff and, realising that it was our "last" day, had to bring back all my files (we keep'em in a metal cabinet behind our classroom). Since there was no way I was gonna carry all that home by bus (my files are all the hardbound types), I decided to stay back and wait in school and call my dad to come fetch me.
Having nothing to do, I tagged along with a bunch of my friends and went to the library to play games. At first, two of them played chess while the rest just read books. After, we decided to play this game, I forgot what it's called. It involved having to drop your tokens to the bottom (it's 3D) by turning cogs with grooves werein the tokens could fit. I couldn't explain it unless you've seen it. Then we played an English game, that is, a game which could improve your English. It was similar to Snakes & Ladders, only you have to answer Enaglish questions after every move. I think it was cool and that it could really help people learn English better. There were different categories and the toughest one was the "Street Talk" category. It had all those slang words that I don't know. Haha.
The library had to close in the middle of our game, so we had to go back to the classroom. After a few minutes the classroom had to be locked as well, so I decided to wait in the canteen with my friend. Then my dad came and I went home :D:D:D
Well, don't think for one minute that I'm celebrating. Like I said, it's our "last" day. I didn't really feel like it was, since we still have our O's coming up in less than a month's time! AAAHH!!