doughnuts
tea stains
tree hugger
karissa

SNIFF
Right click. Select 'Show All'. :D


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

BITE
SIP
anglia carmina charmaine evan felicia gerald guomin jieying joanne jocelyn kaichi kaiyih karen michael mikhail molly natalie pauline peizhen rosanne

SAVOUR
Photo Brushes Photoshop
My Purim story
Well, this is where I end the tragic saga of the past few days. It's been a very harrowing and trying experience but in the end everything worked out fine. God knew what was best for me and He worked out a way.

Today I decided not to go to CJ, which turned out to be one of the best choices of my life, as you will soon find out. At around 11:30 am, my mom managed to get on the line with the SA receptionist. Turns out my appeal was rejected. Taking Mr. Mooi's advice, I started getting ready to go to PJ to appeal. While doing so, my mom contacted the PJ General Office (GO) and the receptionist person said that they were no longer accepting appeals! Imagine my utter disappointment! My mom then told me that we still had to try and thus I hastily got ready and off we went (by cab) to PJ and arrived a few minutes later, at around 11:45.

Taking a cab was another one of the good decisions made today. Turns out that the PJ GO wouldn't be receiving appeals by 12 nn anymore! After filling in the form, I was immediately ushered into the Principal's office. She asked me a few questions and asked me why I wanted to go to PJ if I put CJ as my 3rd choice and got in. It seems that my explanation (coupled with a few tears) satisfied her. She said she normally doesn't accept students who didn't put PJ as 1st choice but that sometimes she accepted on a compassionate basis. Hooray for that! Thus I found myself thrust back into the happy life that I once had. And that is the reason why my not going to CJ was one of the best decisions of my life. If I had gone, I wouldn't have been able to appeal to go back to PJ. She also encouraged me to go for the Scholars' Development Programme (SDP) since I qualify for it because of my L1R5. I think I should, since it would push me to work hard, something I rarely do. Haha.

Anyway, my mom then volunteered to go back to CJ for the release/withdrawal thing that had to be settled while I went to look for my friends. Then I met my mom again and she came back bringing my bag (which I didn't bring in my haste to leave for PJC) and found out that I would be going back to the same class I was in for PAE: 06S08. Sadly though, not a soul from my former 06S08 class was there. I heard that we had been disintegrated into many different classes. Sad. I wanted to get into 06S07, which has the same subject combination as 06S08, where Shi min and other 06S08 (PAE) people were, like Pauline and Wenny. So sad. I'm thinking of appealing to switch classes, but I think the grounds for my doing so are not that strong. Oh well. I'll meet my 06S08 (PAE) people again on Thursday. YAY! I can't wait man!

So I went to grab a quick bite with my mom, said good-bye and returned to LT4 to "join" the Darwin House, which is where I "joined" yesterday whenI crashed. However, everyone else had their bags in MPR1 whereas I was still holding onto mine, since I got it from my mom after the others had placed theirs in MPR1 under lock and key. I asked Teng teng (my OGL friend) what I should do and she said I should just leave it there on one of the seats in the LT. So I did.

Then at around 3 pm we all went out for the Roadrun- 3.2 km along the canal where I used to run for PE. Since we weren't under time pressure, Shi min and her OG friends and I decided to walk most of the way and run when filling the gaps where there were no people. We took a long time completing the route by doing so, but we weren't very tired in the end. Plus we found that we were ahead of so many people who were only walking the whole way. What made the whole ordeal taxing though was the heat. Today in my opinion was the hottest day this whole week. I was so dehydrated. The Darwin House won best house for the Roadrun!

Then there was the presentation of prizes to the top runners, interspersed with cheers all around. We had to sit in the Parade Square, which roasted my (and everybody else's) rear end. It was scorching. Then we were dismissed for a long break before meeting back in the canteen for dinner. Everyone went to gather their bags in MPR1 and MPR2. I went to check whether mine was there, in case the OGLs brought it there, but it wasn't. So I checked in LT4, where I left it last, but it wasn't there. I went around asking the OGLs where my bag was. They didn't really know. Faced with that dilemma, I went to the GO (for the 3rd time) to lodge a missing item declaration. As I was about to fill in the form, Teng teng approached me and told me that there was a chance my bag was in the hall somewhere. So I went and checked, and there it was! I didn't know who brought it there, but all that mattered was that I found it. Thanks Shi min for accompanying me all around school to look for my bag.

Then we had dinner. I hung in Shi min's OG again but sadly they had to extra food for me (since I didn't order yesterday) and I ended up eating the biscuits my mom gave and half of Shi min's dinner. Thanks again Shi min.

Then the campfire started. 'Twas fun man! Similar to the O1 campfire, only we had an actual fire. The thing that I think everyone enjoyed the most though was the dancing. We danced the Mass Dance and Fun Dance, not just once but twice! Even if I wasn't present when they re-taught the steps during O2, I managed to remember most of the Mass Dance and all of the Fun Dance steps. Yay. We danced in a big circle, instead of having individual partners. Why seclude ourselves to one person when we can all have a great time as a group? YEAH! First time I danced those dances since the Open House more than a month ago.

As usual, there were lots of cheers all around and bonding. Very similar to O1. It all ended quite fast and pretty soon we were all ready to go home. I accompanied Hikari (Natra) all the way before parting ways near the bus stops. Then I spotted Bing shu and we accompanied this guy Victor to the LRT station since he drank Red Bull which drained his energy reserves down to the last drop and since he hadn't slept for 4 days. I don't know his reasons for doing so, but he seemed so pathetic, not even being able to walk in a straight direction. Then I travelled home and arrived at 10 pm.

So yeah, I had fun and everything ended all right. I went through all that work- getting the necessary documents for the appeal, going to CJ for a few days and seeing what it's like, crashing PJ yesterday, praying fervently and trusting God in everything- and in the end, I just found myself back in PJ. Funny huh? I guess it was God's will for me to stay.

Anyway, all that's left to be done now is to buy my uniform since we're supposed to be wearing it from Term 2 onwards (after the break). Yeah, we're having a one-week break this week and on Thursday... 06S08 (PAE) reunites once again! Hurrah!





----------------------------------------------------------
Saturday, March 11, 2006 @ 12:07 am