doughnuts
tea stains
tree hugger
karissa

SNIFF
Right click. Select 'Show All'. :D


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

BITE
SIP
anglia carmina charmaine evan felicia gerald guomin jieying joanne jocelyn kaichi kaiyih karen michael mikhail molly natalie pauline peizhen rosanne

SAVOUR
Photo Brushes Photoshop
Activities sandwiched into so short a week
Well, it's been one crazy week. I haven't blogged in a while, so I shall try to remember the week's events as best I can.

Had our first choir rehearsal on Wednesday. I came in an hour late with Ji rong though, since we had to go for the SDP thing. But more on that later. Do you know the feeling when you come into a room during some talk and everyone's listening and you can hear a pin drop? And when you open the door, everyone turns to look at you? Haha. That's what happened when I came in late for choir. Good thing I wasn't alone. Songs we're currently learning: Singapura Medley and Short People. The Short People one is so funny. Haha.

I've decided to join SDP. Perhaps it's not the best choice, though. I was still having doubts when we were asked whether we wanted to opt in or opt out of the programme. I mean, it's a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. Things like this don't just come walking up to you on a busy street. Besides, not everyone whose L1R5s fall between 6-11 are chosen. Apparently there was a selection process based on certain subjects and other stuff. And I was one of *deep voice* The Chosen Ones. Muhahaha. I ought to be proud of myself. Others would love to be in the programme, but I'm just not too sure. Especially after learning that doing NYAA is a requirement. I mean, what's up with NYAA anyway? I don't really see the need of burdening ourselves further with extra activities. What's more, those in SDP have to take a total of 11 units of subjects. And I only have 9, not the usual 10 because I don't take Mother Tongue. How then? Make two subjects H3?? Aaahhh! The problems keep on accumulating.

Thursday we had a Physics practical. It involved having to roll a marble down a ramp and off the table. And guess what? I spent most of the period chasing over "rollaway" marbles. They bounced and rolled all over the floor and under the cabinet-tables behind. And I had to use my metre rule every time to get them out. Haha.

And during my free period, Mr. Tham told me to start on a new Math worksheet that he hadn't yet photocopied for the whole class. But I had decided in advance to do my Physics then. I hence didn't bother too much about it. I found Melody and we ate lunch together. Then Mr. Tham saw me again and told me that he wanted to see my work the next morning. So that meant I had to do it at home. I was so sleepy by the time I garnered enough motivation to start on the worksheet. I ended up sleeping from 11:30-12:30 pm, woke up, and did the thing 'till 1:30 am. So now I'm way ahead than everyone in class. Muhahaha.

Today's PE was horrendous. We kept praying for rain, but although the sky seemed dark and overcast, not a drop had spilled from the sky. Clouds can be so selfish at times. So anyway, we were told to run 2 rounds then do some physical training which included 3 sets of things like pull-ups, sit-ups, frog-jumping (or whatever it's called), carrying your weight on the parallel bar-like contraption, climbing and going over some post thing, etc. Right before we started, it began to drizzle. During the first set of inclined pull-ups, it started drizzling hard. Then it started raining quite strongly. But nothing could compel our PE teacher to allow us seek shelter. So we were out there in the rainy weather doing inclined pull-ups while the people in the canteen watched us with bemused faces. X__x The pouring continued and she finally granted us a roof over our heads. But we had to jog around the canteen. And do sit-ups and push-ups beside the canteen tables. The raining stopped and we went out again to do everything again twice. 'Twas so tiring! But I like it better than having to run 2.4. Oh and I used the monkey bars for the fun of it. I had to use the high one, since the other one was too short. And I managed to finish the whole length! Kewl. I hate all this physical training. I miss the games we had for morning PE during PAE!

The uniform vendor, Bibi & Baba, finally came today. I managed to change my skirt size to L. And it turned out to be a good choice as it was just the right size. Anyway, they still didn't have enough uniforms in stock so I only ended up with two sets. I should have bought the polo T-shirt yesterday. So now I'm stuck with only two sets to wear for five days of the week. Sad. So, I tried it on at home. Skirt's okay, but the shirt's rather big. Or maybe it's because I'm not used to it? Many of my friends my size got the same shirt size and it looks perfectly all right on them. So perhaps it's just because I'm so used to seeing myself in the mirror wearing the polka-dotted uniform. Today was the last day of my wearing it. *sniff* I can't believe that that thing is of such sentimental value to me. I think it's mainly because of the fact that it's so easy to wear and it's so comfortable. Being one whole piece and having a zipper instead of buttons and drawstrings makes it oh-so-simple. I think it may thus take me forever to wear the new uniform on Monday.

Homework's piling up. Almost sky-high. Plus Chemistry test coming up soon on the 13th. I haven't been getting sufficient rest. And I find myself very tired on Mondays. I mean the week has barely started and I'm already like some Egyptian slave stuck with his mummified master in a dark pyramid, waiting for the silent claws of death. I must work hard! I must make use of the very short hours that I have everyday, like the slave rationong what little food that he has, just to prolong the coming of the inevitable. But of course, in my case, the situation's not that morbid. Failure isn't inevitable, unlike death. Too bad for the slave though.





----------------------------------------------------------
Saturday, April 01, 2006 @ 2:51 am