Hello everyone. I can't wait for the weekend. No school on Friday! Yayness.
Today's chemistry practical went awry. Though the clip was securely fastened on the burette, the acidified KMnO4 kept on leaking. I tried adjusting the clip quite a few times and trying again and again, but to no avail. So I got a new burette and tried changing burette clips. But it just kept leaking and leaking and leaking. Exasperated, I sought help from Mdm. Goh who helped me clamp the clip tightly. I thus started my first titration while everyone else was already wrapping up. Towards the end of the titration, when the solution in the conical flask almost reached pale pink/orange, the thing started to drip nonstop so I shoved my finger under the tip to stop the gushing. Crazy burette. Haha. Then I recorded the reading. And it was quite accurate. Yay. But then I had to do at least one more titration, which I did while everyone else was doing their calculations and listening to the teacher explain some stuff. 'Twas so embarrassing. And I wasn't able to finish.
Then we had Math lecture. Went through Maclaurin's Series again and had to differentiate some functions several times, which turned out to be so complicated. I got the hang of it though. I just need a bit more practise.
Lecture ended at 1. Rehearsal for the lunchtime performance started at 1. I had no time to eat my lunch. Sad. Went through the songs quite a bit. Mostly
Singapura Medley. Then we waited our turn to perform after the opening number by Dance. I wasn't really nervous or anything, since we were singing out of pure genuine fun. Sang
Singapura Medley first then the rest of the 6 songs after, interspersed with Dance performances here and there. As for my "solo" in
Longer, Pauline and I ended up standing behind the other soloists and in front of the rest of the choir, since there weren't enough mics for the 6 of us. So we used the condenser mics meant for the "background" choir. Anyway, I personally thought we sung
Singapura Medley and
The Lion Sleeps Tonight best. When it came to the song
If though, it was a different story. The notes were all over the place and one could tell we weren't really prepared for it. But all in all I think we did a pretty good performance. The Dance people did well too.
Immediately following, we had choir rehearsals- this time with the whole choir. We tested the sound system in the hall, in preparation for our performance for College Day. Then we broke up into sections. Learned a new song called
Ev'ry time I Feel the Spirit. The sound's similar to those old Negro spirituals, with much clapping and movement. The whole time, the Altos practised outside, standing. But the Sops practised in LT4, sitting. Not fair. I was so tired man. And I didn't eat lunch, remember? That made it even worse. Then we ran through a few songs and were dismissed at 6.
Having not finished my Chem practical, I stayed back with Bing shu and Hikari to complete it so as to be able to submit it today. Feeling rather ravenous, I ended up gorging most of Hikari's Japanese soba (or whatever it was). And I feverishly tried to sharpen my chopstick skills. I hope I can improve soon. I've been in Singapore for two-and-a-half years and I'm still not used to eating with chopsticks. Haha. Then, many Chem questions later, I finally finished. Then we all went home. Oh and I was finally able to use my complimentary bus ticket when I rode bus 184. Yay.