Today's Wednesday! I just love Wednesdays, man. The least stressful day of the week. Shortest curriculum time. And there's choir! Woopee.
I was
almost late for school today. Gibby left his bag at home so we went to get it. He was late. I wasn't. The gate was closed already and the "latecomers" started running. The Discipline Master hollered at us to hurry. I think the only reason why I wasn't taken down as tardy was because photographers came to take pictures today, for publicity and other reasons I don't exactly know about. So everyone had to shove their bags in their lockers. That took time. So when I arrived in school, lots of people were in the locker area, instead of in the Parade Square. So my lateness wasn't conspicuous. Yay.
Then we had GP. We learned the MEAL method of developing an essay. And then we learned about Similes and Metaphors. And there was a question about a washing machine being likened to an epileptic person vomiting, or something along that line. Weird.
Then, after recess we had Chem lecture. We continued the Reaction Kinetics topic. And I think I'm getting a hang of the thing. All the concentrations and orders of reactions. Haha.
Then was Chem prac. I forgot to bring my yellow file! Good thing Jie ying was kind enough to lend her Experiment 8 question paper to me. The whole thing went okay, but I didn't really get consistent readings for the first two titrations and as I was preparing to do a third, I accidentally contaminated my iron (II) ammonium sulphate solution with KMnO4 so I couldn't continue. So I modified my results to get consistent readings. But the calculation part was too difficult. And I didn't have time to complete the whole thing. So I submitted it without a final answer. So sad. I've always prided myself with the fact that I hand in flawless practical worksheets. But now it's a different story. Sad.
Then was Math lecture. Jie ying and I forgot what time our real shift was for the Green Bazaar thing. All we knew was that it was during Math lecture. Plus, our class never followed the shift schedule anyway, so we ended up manning the stall at 12:30 to 1:00, during the second half of the Math lecture. The two of us sacrificed our Math for the sake of our classmates not having to skip it. We did so since we had learned the topic during PAE already, while the rest of the class hadn't. But some of our other classmates ended up skipping the lecture anyway, giving "We were manning the stall" as an excuse. Sales were pathetic. No one dared buy anything from our stall. Not surprising, since we were selling second-hand stuff. But after a while, I managed to persuade Erik and subsequently, Kai yu to buy multi-coloured cups. Yay. Thanks guys, though I didn't support your class stall buy buying the bottle caps. Overall though, business was so poor that Mr. Tham ended up buying a mini Christmas tree for $20! You know business isn't going well when your form teacher starts feeling sorry for you by paying for something above it's real value. Haha.
Then Mikhail started handing out the PE shirts and House shirts that we ordered a long time ago. I'm so disappointed I wasn't able to get my House shirt. Because I placed my order while I was still "Houseless", I didn't specify which House shirt I wanted to buy. So, come collection time, I got none. I'm quite frustrated. I mean, it wasn't my fault I didn't get it. In fact, the day I ordered, I went to the General Office to inquire about which House I'm supposed to be in. But they said they didn't know- that the teacher in charge of House matters wasn't around. Fact is, they're the ones who told me not to specify the House in my order. A few days later, however, after placing the orders already, I found out I'm in Darwin. But it was too late. And so I ended up with no House shirt. I'm so sad! And I only ordered one PE shirt. Now I'm gonna have to wash it all the time, because PE's twice a week. Sigh.
Because I stayed a while to help sell more stuff in the stall, I had no time to eat lunch. But I quietly and surreptitiously grabbed a few bites to eat in the Concourse, having brought and bought sandwiches. Then I had to go for an SDP meeting in LT4 at 1:30.
We're having a camp on the 5th to the 7th of May. We'd be in school most of the time, but on Saturday we'd be heading out to Bukit Timah Hill for our expedition. I've never been in a more-than-one-night camp. And the mere prospect of it is just.. quite nerve-racking. And the "Things to Bring" list is just so long. I can't imagine having to lug a gargantuan bag on that day. How un-nice.
Then choir was supposed to start at 2 in LT4 also, but I was still so hungry after the SDP briefing, so Azu and I had a picnic behind LT4. We both ate our sandwiches. :) Then we had choir. The photographer came and started taking "candid" pictures of everyone singing and having fun. Then there were sectionals. Si yuan and I were asked to lead, since we both intend to take up the position of SL. 'Twasn't so bad this time, since there were no seniors around and because there were two of us leading. After, we were informed that we were no longer singing "Singapura Medley" on College Day. So sad. I like singing that song. Instead, we're singing a new song. I think it's something about new beginnings. And, from what I hear, it's a love song-type. Haha. Then, during the combined rehearsal, Azu and I kept on singing the Tenor parts of "Short People". They're so fun to sing. Our part is so boring- just "doo" and "dah" most of the time. Anyway, we finished at around 6:30.
Then I accompanied Melody and Kok Kun on the way home. Both of them're sick, so I had to share my umbrella with them. I mean, I don't want them getting worse. The rainy weather's been giving people the sniffles. And I think I'm starting to get them too. So I must try my best to keep healthy. And so should you. Eat your vegetables!