Friday the whole family went with parents' CG to Raffles Lighthouse Island, off the coast of Singapore. We took a ferry there. 'Twas so cool. We stood outside the boat most of the way since it was so dizzying inside. We could feel the wind and smell the saltwater against our faces.
At the island, there were sleeping quarters and tables and a bathroom, a kitchen and all those necessary amenities around- similar to a chalet. Oh and there was a lighthouse! We went inside, up and up and up. 86 steps plus 16 smaller steps up to the top. It seemed to take forever. But up there, the view was so breathtaking. One could see far, far away, into the ends of the horizon.
I slept in the quarters most of the time, while the rest explored the island. I couldn't help it. I was simply too sleepy. Then I woke up and ate lots of food! Then pretty soon it was time to leave.
Boarded the same boat and off we went, back to the main Singapore Island. A storm was brewing, and, obviously not wanting to be outside again, I stayed below deck, in the sleeping quarters. Natalie didn't wanna stay there, since it made her feel claustrophobic. Muhaha. Then I slept all the way. Hahaha. I was so sleepy.
Then we went home. We watched the Life of Christ on DVD. And we watched 24! As always, it's getting better and better. Oh, the suspense! Oh and I downloaded games into my GC! They're not that great though. Only puzzle games. Where's the action?
Yesterday, I woke up late! Muhahaha. I'm catching up on sleep. Then in the evening, the whole family watched a concert by
The Continentals, an American Christian singing group. They sounded so nice and were so cool. They reminded me of another American Christian singing group that visited St. Marg's last year. Or was it last last year? Anyway, I loved their version of
Be Thou My Vision. Natalie and I had been singing it lots of times recently, both in the original melody and in the melody that the SMSS Choir learned. And when they sung it, I was like, "YEAH!" All in all it was great. And we bought one of their CDs. Haha.
Today, we went to church with the Dizons. Then we ate in Pizza Hut. I was stuffed! Then they all followed us home. The kiddies had an Easter egg hunt while the adults talked. And I slept. Again. Haha. Then I woke up and ate ice cream and leche flan. The leche flan's so good! I want mother to learn how the Tiambengs make it so I can eat it all the time. Yeah!
_________________________________
When I Survey the Wondrous Cross
When I survey the wondrous cross
On which the Prince of glory died,
My richest gain I count but loss,
And pour contempt on all my pride.
Forbid it, Lord, that I should boast,
Save in the death of Christ my God!
All the vain things that charm me most,
I sacrifice them to His blood.
See from His head, His hands, His feet,
Sorrow and love flow mingled down!
Did e'er such love and sorrow meet,
Or thorns compose so rich a crown?
His dying crimson, like a robe,
Spreads o'er His body on the tree;
Then I am dead to all the globe,
And all the globe is dead to me.
Were the whole realm of nature mine,
That were a present far too small;
Love so amazing, so divine,
Demands my soul, my life, my all.