Holiday! Woot!
Assembly yesterday was a continuation of the series of sexuality talks we've been having two weeks hence. Quite interesting, actually. And I think, very helpful, especially for those of us who've had a close brush with such situations.
Physics SPA! I thought all was well 'till my classmates and I started discussing about it afterwards. I forgot that the hanger thing for the weights weighs 50 g! So I wrote "50 g" when it was actually supposed to be 100 g. Nooooo! Die. So my graph didn't pass through the origin. But it was
obviously supposed to. Ack! Die. I hope I won't have to pay severely for that.
During the long break before Econs, Kai yih and I went to the library to vote in the SC elections and to study a while. A little while later, I met my PW group and we discussed and came up with questions for the surveys we were going to conduct. When we were running out of ideas, Kah hwee suggested we write, "Are the people giving you this survey handsome/pretty?" and leave only a "Yes" choice. Lol. And since practically everyone was at the polls in the library that afternoon, the place was a hive of confusion and noise. Everyone was soundly chastised by the librarian, but that still didn't seem to make everyone settle down. Well, in the end, our group discussion was quite fruitful. We were able to finish up all the questions in the survey. Yay. I just hope it doesn't turn out to be as bad as the "Suicide Survey". Haha.
Then for Econs, we had our lesson in one of the Container Rooms. I don't know why it's called that, nor did I even know it existed before that lesson. It was located near the Tennis and Basketball Courts. It was actually a step above floor level and there was an echo everytime we made a sound. The change in venue seemed to do wonders for our class. Everyone seemed so high, especially the guys. They kept on bouncing and jumping up and down, trying to see if they could get the room to "fall" to ground level. Lol. And when the S14 people and Mrs. Yeo came in later, they shined the projector light on them, like a spotlight, as if they came on stage. It was so funny. Haha. Econs class is always the craziest.
Then I stayed back in school to study a while with Hikari. We played around and banged out silly tunes on the piano. And we bought lots of food from the vending machine. I bought dry cup noodles, tomato-flavoured Twisties and a Snickers bar (I gave it to Natalie, but she wasn't able to enjoy it fully due to her braces. Sad.) I was so hungry despite the apple and Petit Brunch crackers I had right before Econs. Then I met Azu, who lost her wallet which contained her IC and Visa. I helped her look for it, but our search turned out unsuccessful. I hope she finds her wallet soon.
Then Hikari and I walked all the way to the bus stop near the mosque. After sitting down on the seats in the bus stop for a while, we started to feel tiny tingling pricks all over. Suspecting an ant colony lying nearby, we moved to other seats. When the pricking didn't seem to stop, we looked around and realised that there were innumerable ants crawling around the seats! We jumped up and started slapping and flicking the ants away. Some of them managed to get inside my uniform, and started attacking my torso. Hikari took out her trusty insect repellent alcohol and started sprinkling it all around our exposed flesh. We were flailing our arms around like some demented psychos, hopelessly trying to purge ourselves of the tiny monsters. It was hilarious! If anyone else were in the bus stop with us, they would have thought us mad. Haha. Even as I sat on the bus on my way home and waited in the Interchange when I changed buses, I was being bitten to death by those Lilliputian Godzillas. Lol.
Well, so much for that wacky caper yesterday. Today, our family went out for lunch with one of father's colleagues in a place famous for its Chicken Rice.
Then Natalie, mother and I went to Orchard to meet Melody so the two of us could buy silver shoes to go with the choir garb. We walked, and walked, and walked around Orchard in the wet weather and finally found some shoes. But they're not silver. They're
pewter. For those of you who have no idea what hue I'm talking about, it's somewhat in between silver and bronze. Like a darkish-grey silver. The silver one had no size left for me. And so I bought the next closest thing. And so did Melody, even though the silver one had a size for her. But being the good friend that she was, she bought pewter too, so no one could really tell the difference between the real silver and the not-so-silver silver. Then we all went home by bus.
UST Choir concert's on Sunday. And I don't have the tickets yet. How on Mars am I to get the tickets before then? But perhaps Joanna will be waiting outside the auditorium place to hand us all our tickets. I'm not so worried; everyone else is in the same boat as me. Haha.
Last Tuesday we got our Chem tests back. And I got the same result as my first test: 23/30. Not bad. I managed to maintain the grade. But I'm a tad disappointed, what with all the silly careless mistakes I made. But that's all in the past. Though I'm not the top in class (Jeremy got highest by 1/2 mark!!!), I should be happy I got good results.
About Tuesday's plan to go back to SMSS to collect my O-level Cert, well.. it never pushed through. It did for Guo min and Hikari, though. Why did I have to have extra Chem lessons on that day, of all days? I was very disappointed. But hey, I don't control these things.
Oh, I also got the letter about Speech Day and about my STAR! The one that will be put on the Walkway of Stars in St. Marg's. Deadline for the payment's on Monday. I originally had hoped Natalie would bring it, but I just realised she has no school on Monday. How then? I myself can't go back because my classes end at 6. I hope I can find a way somehow.
Yup, that's all for now. Keep checking back for more updates on my life. Ciao.