doughnuts
tea stains
tree hugger
karissa

SNIFF
Right click. Select 'Show All'. :D


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

BITE
SIP
anglia carmina charmaine evan felicia gerald guomin jieying joanne jocelyn kaichi kaiyih karen michael mikhail molly natalie pauline peizhen rosanne

SAVOUR
Photo Brushes Photoshop
Facade
You know their kind. The ones who make others happy. The ones who never cease to put a smile on your face. The ones whom everyone love. The ones who seem unfazed by the cares of this world. The ones for whom everything seems to fall in place.

They seem to live in a perfect world, sheltered and protected. Nothing seems to be able to bring them down. We hold them high in our esteem. We marvel at how they manage to keep a straight face despite each trial that comes their way.

Yet, have we ever paused to think that they may be human after all? That deep inside they are just another orphaned child waiting to be loved? Hidden behind all that pomp and regalia are all their pent up frustrations and angst. Within that tough exoskeleton is a frail form, barely able to survive on its own. They live cloaked in a reality so different than what they want us to perceive.

Their souls cry out for understanding and acceptance. They crave the respect of their peers because they cannot find acceptance in themselves. One little thing is enough to break the dam and send the waters caving in. We don't know about the storms they've weathered on their own. We don't know anything about the pain they go through. We end up being fooled and taken in by their colourful masks and in the process fail to comprehend their true inner feelings.

__________________________________

The Warrior is a Child

Lately I've been winning battles left and right
But even winners can get wounded in the fight
People say that I'm amazing
I'm strong beyond my years
But they don't see inside of me
I'm hiding all the tears

They don't know that I come running home when I fall down
They don't know who picks me up when no one is around
I drop my sword and cry for just a while
'Coz deep inside this armor
The warrior is a child

Unafraid because His armor is the best
But even soldiers need a quiet place to rest
People say that I'm amazing
I never face retreat
But they don't see the enemies
That lay me at His feet

They don't know that I come running home when I fall down
They don't know who picks me up when no one is around
I drop my sword and look up for His smile
'Coz deep inside this armor
The warrior is a child





----------------------------------------------------------
Friday, May 26, 2006 @ 10:00 pm