doughnuts
tea stains
tree hugger
karissa

SNIFF
Right click. Select 'Show All'. :D


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

BITE
SIP
anglia carmina charmaine evan felicia gerald guomin jieying joanne jocelyn kaichi kaiyih karen michael mikhail molly natalie pauline peizhen rosanne

SAVOUR
Photo Brushes Photoshop
Good Morning World!
Top of the morning to ya. It's 6:54 am on a lovely Saturday morning. Clear skies with a slight chance of rain... Wonder why I'm blogging so early in the morning?

Well, I just woke up. See, I fell asleep at around 9 something last night- on the living room couch, in my school uniform. This is a rather normal thing I do after school these days, being so exhausted and all, only I wake up a couple of hours later to take a shower and brush my teeth and do my homework and get ready for bed. But since it was a Friday yesterday, no one bothered to wake me up from my deep slumber and I just slept there 'till 6:15 am. Then I took a shower and brushed my teeth. Now I'm gonna eat breakfast in a few minutes. Lol.

Anyway, here's a run-down of the things that've been happening and that are gonna happen soon.

College Day's comin' up! The Choir's been practising real hard. Personally, I don't really think we're ready to perform. Not everyone has been putting in much effort and the result is a mishmash of scattered notes and uncoordinated actions. Azu, Ke min, Jie ying (not my classmate) and I tried to keep the spirit alive and influence others to do the same by moving and swaying and clapping and snapping and basically, just feeling the songs. But everyone was so dead. Like zombies! The teacher even told the the four of us to go down to the front in front of the whole choir and demonstrate how it's done! But fortunately, we didn't have to. That would've been too embarrassing.

I was feeling quite low, Ke min too, but we still made an effort to be lively when we sang. That's exactly what the rest should've been doing. Frankly, I don't know why everyone just can't make an effort to learn the songs by heart or put some life into the songs. That's what brought me down in the dumps yesterday. I was just thinking too much of the future of the Choir. It's so unlike the SMSS Choir. I wish with all my heart we could be, and maybe even better. Sigh.

On a lighter note, I saw the Band perform. They did it so well, I was so jealous. One could really tell the difference between the amount of effort they put in and the amount of effort the Choir put in. I saw Kai yih and her trumpet, and Jeremy and his clarinet and Min li and her.... well, I didn't see her carrying her instrument. Haha.

We all skipped PE for the rehearsals. Well, not all of us. Hui li and Sze xin went for PE! And I didn't know! So I'm the only one from Choir who didn't go for PE. Evil. At least I know the Band people didn't go as well. That's slightly encouraging.

Well, next week's the last week. The holidays are just around the corner. I'll have to strain and work hard this last week. Gotta sprint through the last leg of the lap. Next week is crammed with tests and exams. Monday: Math test. Tuesday: Chem SPA. Wednesday: Physics Test. Friday: GP Exam. The Monday after that (during the holidays!!!): Econs test. Am I prepared? No. That's why I've gotta gear up. Use this weekend to STUDY.

And I'll have to use the June holidays to study for Midyears! First day of school after the holidays is my Math Exam, and after that all the others. Studying during the holidays would require much discipline. I know how we all promise to study hard during the weekend or holidays, but end up not doing so. There're just too many distractions. JC life is different from Secondary in the sense that in JC, no amount of cramming will take us anywhere. How is the World's Best Procrastinator supposed to survive?

But of course, we should never forget to have fun during the holidays. No, I don't have any plans or anything. Not that I ever do, haha. But I'm planning to go out with Melody and Angela right at the start of the holidays, before Angela goes back to the Philippines. Balikbayan! So kewl man. Last time I've been to the Philippines was in 2004. I wanna go back again.. Anyway, back to the topic. I'm also thinking of going back to school during the holidays with Jie ying and Kai yih, and possibly others, to study. Ah, school. The one place where there'll be no distractions.

JC life is just too tiring. It's a never-ending cycle, I tell you. Back in Secondary, I could sleep late, cramming and catch up on sleep over the weekend. But now, no amount of sleep during the weekend can nullify the sleepiness and drowsiness I feel during the week. And it's not just me. Everyone I know in JC feels the same. Oh, when will it ever end?





----------------------------------------------------------
Saturday, May 20, 2006 @ 6:54 am