Woke up very early yesterday to go for the Carwash Workshop. It's a charity project organised by some of my friends and their friends. Wanting to help out in some way, I volunteered. Met Gerald at Jurong East then took the MRT to Aljunied, where we were supposed to meet the rest of the volunteers at 8 am. At first it was so awkward. Gerald and I couldn't help feeling somewhat "outcasted". We didn't know anyone there except Bing shu and Shi min. And everyone else seemed to know everyone else. Siew ting was actually supposed to come too but she woke up so late, when we were in the MRT already. Haha.
In the workshop we watched demos and had hands-on training in handling and washing the cars. We even had to wash a whole van. It was okay, I guess. But it would've been way better if other people I knew were there. Oh well. At least I met new people. :)
The actual carwashes would be on the 15th of July in BBSS and on the 5th of August in the Aljunied carwash place; I'm not so sure where exactly. Somewhere near the MRT Station. I saw a street sign that said Lor 23 Geylang. So it must be there somewhere. Haha. Me and my directions again. Anyway, proceeds will go towards the counseling of children and youth. So buy the $12 carwash tickets from BBSS students and come down to have your cars washed on those days- if you can drive. If aren't old you enough to drive yet, please don't try to drive a car when struck with a sudden bout of generosity and pity for the less fortunate. Though we appreciate your support, please just try to persuade your parents or friends old enough to come instead.
After that, Natalie and I met Anglia in West Mall to buy a cake for Cal. Then we rushed to the swimming pool in her place where they would be having tuition and I some study time. But first we feasted. I was so full afterwards. They started tuition after Enya came and then it was time for me to study. Barely finishing one page of my notes, I found myself nodding off and eventually found myself asleep on the table. Woke up a few minutes later because it was so cold. The wind blew incessantly, chilling me to the bone. So I wore my jacket and went to the loo to warm my hands under the dryer. Haha. Then I studied a bit more then we all went home.
Today I woke up early yet again to go to McDo in JE for some Choir thing- a short, informal meeting between the ex-P, the present P, VP and Secretary. I took 178 and walked instead of taking 852 then the MRT. I wanted to save some cents okay. Yes, I know it's a petty amount, but it still adds up to something, doesn't it? :D Had breakfast there yet again. Cuijing imparted her words of wisdom to us. Haha. After, I decided to take the MRT like Karen and Sze xin instead of having to walk a distance and cross the overhead bridge to take 178 again. I'm not that desperate for money okay. Haha. Karen took the East-West Line while Sze xin and I took the North-South Line.
Those are the last activities of mine before school reopens. I'm feeling quite low now, having just realised that minor events such as these make me feel glad that for their distraction. But now that there aren't any, I'll have to study. No excuse. Sigh. Well, now that I have nothing else on the whole week, I have decided to dedicate all my time to studies- a
very tough job. Yes, I have insanely allowed my annoying habit of procrastination to take a hold of me yet again. I have yet to learn to banish all the wishful notions about the life once had. Thoughts of the carefree life only serve as disincentives to study. Instead, they encourage the predestined sloth-like attitude I have towards my studies. Pray, save me from this perpetual inclination of mine lest I come crashing down to my impending death.