Today I had to go for the SC Investiture briefing. I woke up and ate breakfast and ate lunch right after. Then I decided to leave early to avoid the heat of the noonday sun.
Then I decided to be daring and walk to school from the Phoenix Station. I've only done it once before with Kai yu and Jocelyn, though I sometimes walk with Jie ying from school to the Phoenix Station. I've never done it on my own. So anyway, tossing aside my complete lack of sense of direction, I recklessly ventured into the labyrinthine unknown through the HDB flats. I got a bit confused along the way, but I made it. Congratulate me.
In school I checked the PW noticeboard for the Oral Workshop times for tomorrow and Friday. And what a sight was waiting for me! Not only did I see the time and venue, I also found out everyone will have to give a presentation on our respective projects. And I only knew about it today. Some yesterday. Others still have virtually no clue.
I also noticed small flyers stuck around the pillars and walls in school advertising PJC Arts Day 2006 which will be this Saturday. And I heard from Jie ying that our class has to have a stall. And she only found out a few days ago. Our other classmates have no idea what's going on either.
What does the school mean by being so secretive about such things? They expect too much from us. I mean, come on, exams just ended. All we want is some time to relax before the world starts careening out of control again. Give us a break.
Anyway, I met Jia wei and hung with her in the Concourse while I urgently communicated the PW presentation news to my groupmates. Then the other Choir ExCo people started coming and we were off to LT3 for the briefing.
Turns out to be something worth missing. Complete lack of preparation for the briefing was evident in the way the speakers carried themselves. It was as if they themselves didn't know what was going on. In the end, we left not even knowing why we were chosen to attend the Investiture. The only thing I learned was that when the Guest of Honour enters, the lights will be dimmed and a spotlight would be trained on him.
Oh, but I also learned that school starts at 8:40 on Monday and attire is smart casual wear in celebration of Youth Day. And the school will be showing the World Cup Finals on Sunday night 'till early morning Monday. But seriously, what's with all this hype about the World Cup? It's just a bunch of guys kicking a ball around. Haha. And anyway, I'm thinking of wearing my St. Marg's uniform on Monday. Won't it be cool if the whole class wears their Secondary School uniforms? :D
So after the CCA Leaders were dismissed (the other leaders had to stay to be briefed further since they're ushering), we exchanged our farewells and I left with Azu to go to Lot 1. Whilst there I learned things about her. And let's just say it helped strengthen our friendship.
Then she introduced me to the Sichuan Chicken that she likes so much. So I bought one like her to take away. We walked around a bit then went our separate ways. She took the MRT while I headed in the direction of the Bus Interchange. But I went in the opposite direction instead and had to turn all the way back. But I finally found it. And I went home and ate the food. My second lunch for today. So you can only imagine how full I was after.
Now, what have I been doing lately? Well, I've been lazing and slacking and vegging out at home and in Anglia's place the other day. Haven't been doing my homework. Haha. Oh, I just burnt me a CD of songs from High School Musical. Thanks to Anglia. So lately the strains of
Breaking Free and
What I've Been Looking For have been playing in my head. Hahaha. SMSS Speech Day's coming up. YEAH! Can't wait to go back. Well, I hope to enjoy these last few days of freedom. (: