doughnuts
tea stains
tree hugger
karissa

SNIFF
Right click. Select 'Show All'. :D


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

BITE
SIP
anglia carmina charmaine evan felicia gerald guomin jieying joanne jocelyn kaichi kaiyih karen michael mikhail molly natalie pauline peizhen rosanne

SAVOUR
Photo Brushes Photoshop
Some hard-earned Glory
Hey all. I know I haven't been updating. It's not like have all the time in the world. But yeah. I've been dying to blog about all the happenings, but I've always been so tired and pressed for time. Right now I'm free, so here goes.

Wednesday last week was Sports Day. NY Choir couldn't come over to PJ because of it. So sad. Anyway, Joanne came over! It was so fun. And the ice cream man came back. Seemed like PAE all over again. In the midst of cheering for the runners and tug-of-warriors (how's my terminology? muhaha!) the Longest Time people went off near the Container Classrooms to practise. Haha. After, I stayed back to study. Michael showed some of us the hole which we could use to escape school if we wanted to. Haha.

Friday, there was a formal rehearsal for all Teacher's Day performers. So we stayed back and practised. And practised. And practised. As a matter of fact, we've practised so many times and for so long after and in between classes for many weeks leading to Teacher's Day. And that's besides Choir rehearsals for the concerts, schoolwork and other such pressures of JC life.

Had the last Happening Happenings peformances last Saturday. What a contrast between the audience in the 7 pm performance and the 9 pm one. The 7 pm audience was so X_x dead. Haha. The 9 pm one was so responsive, since most of our friends and relatives and people we knew were there. Hahaha. Overall performances were very good, with the 9 pm show being the best of all. Success! (:

Tuesday was our Chem SPA. Was so grateful to Michael and the others for their pearls of wisdom. Hahaha. Overall 'twas alright but in the end I got less than 10 cubic cm of gas. Sad. The rest was okay except for that. Apparently lotsa people also got less than 10. But it shouldn't be the case. Oh well. After that we had about thirty minute's worth of break before heading to LT2 for extra Chem lessons. We were combined with S22 and S08. Muhahaha. Guo min and Michael and I sat together and we were creating disturbance. Well not really, but still. I've never talked or been loud in Chem class. Neither have Guo min and Michael. But that day was different. So bad of us. And we're being combined again for the extra Chem lessons during the holidays. *evil grin*

Wednesday. Had Chem and Choir pizza! YAY. Okay. Lemme explain. Our Chem teacher treated us to pizza after inconveniencing us the day before with the extra Chem lesson. And our Choir teachers treated us to pizza as a treat after working so hard for the successful performances. Hurrah. I was so STUFT. Haha. Then there was a practice for the Teacher's Day performers again. And even though the school closed early, we stayed back at the shelter near the bus stop to practise Longest Time. The people were O_o staring. Haha.

Thursday=Teacher's Day Eve=Performance Day. I was getting real jittery in the morning before I was dropped off at school. Met the others at the 3rd storey loft near MPR4 for warm-ups and last-minute practice. We even booked MPR5. Then we were told that the programme was starting soon, since ACES Day was cancelled due to the rainy weather. And so, to make the long story short, we performed. And we did good! (:(:(:(: I think the performance was way better than any practice we had. Even the "bom" part didn't go out of tune. We heard nothing but praise afterward. Except that the girls were too loud. Couldn't help that since we couldn't hear ourselves properly from up there. But it was still good. Someone said ours was the best performance. A few performances later, Joanna and Sze xin performed too. Wasn't bad either. We all did a good job, and I think it really raised the reputation of PJC Choir. Yayness. All that hard work paid off! So after exchanging hugs, slaps and high-fives, we settled down and watched the rest of the performance.

Afterwards, lotsa people left to go back to their Secondary Schools. Guo min, Natra and I left and tried to hail a cab in the drizzling rain. It was so difficult. Took us nearly forever. With every taxi that passed us by, we would get even more disturbed. So much so that Natra and Guo min started sticking their thumbs out in the hitchhiking gesture. Lol. I tried it too. And we were very serious about it. The people in the bus stop behind us could see everything and I bet they were wondering what those three crazy loons were up too. Hahaha. But as you know, in a society where hitchhiking is not the norm, we had to stand there like fools waiting for a taxi to come. But finally it came.

At St. Marg's, we met lotsa teachers and former classmates and juniors. I saw Meisi and others too. It was so fun. Guo min and I ate from the Western Food Stall. And we both commented about how SMSS Western Food Stall compared to the PJ one. *ahem ahem* Lol. Then I left with Natalie and Anglia and Vanessa.

Oh by the way, we got back more tests these past few days. Physics, first time I did so well. 24/30! Yay. And I got full marks for Math again. Third time in a row. Grand slam! But my GP wasn't so good. I got 25/50 for my essay. And apparently it was "a good effort!", as stated in the comments of my teacher. Highest was 26, I think. So only 2 people passed (according to Sec school grading system) in my class. How pathetic. Our teacher said it was "normal" to get around 15-19! Madness.

Anyway, yeah. Now we're having our "holidays". The whole week. But for me only Wednesday and Thursday are free. Gotta go back to school the rest of the days. That's quite good, considering that others have only one day of break or none at all. Sigh. When am I ever getting a real hard-earned break?

Yesterday after coming home, I promptly dropped on my bed and slept. Then after dinner we had ice cream at Island Creamery. I <3 Apple pie ice cream!

Today Natalie, Gibby and I went to Father's office. And that's where I am now, blogging away.

Tomorrow, there's gonna be a Bible House gathering. A small celebration of our concerts' success and all the times we've been through together. Can't wait! And we'll be watching our performance video as well.

But it's so sad. Now everything is over. CCA has been suspended already since Promos are just around the corner. No more Choir for a long time.. sigh. Now my whole JC life will start revolving around my studies. How stressful! I must admit that Choir can get stressful at times, but having no Choir at all will make me feel so sad. And do you know the feeling you get after a big performance? The excitement and anticipation build until that moment, then it all just... disappears. And then depression sinks in. Sigh.

Oh but there's still the Tenor Recruitment thing that I need to settle. So all's not over yet. And the Choir's Japan trip! I'm going! Yay. I'm just gonna have to go back to the Philippines later than the rest, after my trip. That's something to look forward to.

But for now, it's just study, study, study. Mug, mug, mug. I'm exhausted. So are all my JC friends. I mean, who isn't? But now's the time for us to gear up for the final battle- the battle that will decide our fates for the rest of our lives. Muhahahaha.





----------------------------------------------------------
Friday, September 01, 2006 @ 2:05 pm