Hey all. It's been a while, I know. Been so tired.
These past few days it's been the same. Study, study, study. Mug, mug, mug. Throw heart and soul into absorbing knowledge.
Sleep? In our dreams. But how can one dream when not asleep? The entire school body has turned into mindless zombies moving listlessly, aimlessly. Where are we headed?
The cycle has gotten worse. We're losing ground. Listen to our desperate cries for help. The yearning for this all to end has intensified. Where is the end?
Nothing helps. Depression's talons have tightened their grip on my soul. Save me someone. No one knows how it feels. They don't understand. Many misread me.
Studying again, Karissa? Phooey. How about
Dying yet, Karissa? Silence would be my reply. Silence. I feel as if I'm on my final death throes.
Would you all just stop? You think it's simple. You think I've been too hard on myself. Well guess what? Times have changed. Society expects too much. Everyone expects too much. It's just not easy anymore.
Has it ever been? Of course. How could I forget the carefree days of my youth? It's been three long years. Three life-changing years. Happy Anniversary family. Hope you guys enjoy it hear as much as I do. Can you sense the sarcasm? It's not been all bad, though lately the pain and suffering has escalated. Have you noticed?
I can no longer hold a tight reign on my emotions. One word is enough to open the floodgates and unleash a torrent of tears. It would take a miracle antidote to remedy my tattered soul and cure me of this crippling malaise.
Nothing perks me up anymore. Not having great friends nor having a supportive family. Not getting top marks in class. Not singing. Not all the nice big hugs. Apparently the happiness squeezed from such things expires at the blink of an eye.
I've never been so exhausted in my life. These are trying moments people. See the light at the end? It beckons. We're drawing ever closer.
Will we make it through?
Why art thou cast down, oh my soul? And why art thou disquieted in me? Hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise Him for the help of His countenance. Psalm 42:5