Hello. I've been meaning to blog for so long but haven't found the time to do so. Isn't it weird that when you're really itching to blog due to all the happenings around you, you don't have time to do so
because of all those happenings? Haha.
After the Mahjong sessions I had the last time I blogged, I got sick from the haze. It started with an allergy, then I got a sore throat and colds. It got so bad that I had to miss the Leadership Workshop last Saturday. But by the end of the day I was feeling better so went out and celebrated Anglia's birthday. The PSI reached 150 that night. Wished it was 200 though. Anyways, I feel better now, though I still have colds, slight cough and the occassional sore throat.
This past week we had nothing much. There were workshops and enrichment activities, besides of course normal classes. So I'm not yet too used to the fact that classes have resumed. Sigh.
Results-wise, well, we're getting our papers back on the 23rd. I already know my Physics and Chem Paper 1 results though. Not too bad. 15/20 for Physics and 24/30 for Chem. Could've been better. What I'm
really worried about is my Physics Paper 2. But I felt better once I calculated how much I have to get for Paper 2 to get a B. Wasn't as difficult as I expected. And yes, my target's a B, in case you people were wondering. A for Chem and Math. I have to start with something more realistic for Physics.
My body aches from PE. Hadn't done anything physical since Promos, so it hurts. Played Rounders. It's like baseball or softball. But the bat's so very short. Since there was no striking out (all the batters batted 'till they hit the ball), it was easy to score and I managed to score 2 or 3 points.
Friday. The ExCo and SLs had to perform the College Anthem for the JC2 Farewell Assembly. Oh and I had to go for the dreaded photo-taking. In the Choir outfit. Eeep. At least Azu was nice enough to join me. But because of the two activities mentioned above, I missed one hour of PW. I didn't even go for PW this whole week. And I'm supposed to do the first draft of my I&R, but I don't really know what it's about. So sad.
During the Farewell Assembly, the Choir people had to stay in a holding room, but we were allowed to watch the programme from behind. So many teachers performed. It was so funny. Then when it was our turn to perform, the people ushering us on stage made the mistake of making us go up too early. So we were just standing there, looking like dummies, while the SC people distributed balloons and drinks to the J2s. At lest the audience's attention wasn't on us most of the time since many balloons started floating up to the ceiling. In all the confusion of the moment, we just sat down on stage and waited 'till it was time to sing. We were even given balloons by one of the SC members and when the muic of the School Song came on, we released them together. So random. Haha.
Afterwards, there was a practice for all performers for the time when the Japan exchange students come over, which is next week Wednesday. And the ExCo met and planned lotsa stuff. Oh yeah, did you know that we're expected to perform for Open House this coming Friday, then for the Japan students the Wednesday after and we haven't even had a single combined rehearsal since the August 26th concert? And it is so difficult to choose which songs to sing because of the lack of Tenors. Besides that, we still have to come up with a stall on Open House. There'll also be rehearsals for all those involved in Open House tomorrow and on Wednesday. But I guess we'll be having Choir everyday this week. Not like we've got a choice. At lest the girls were able to have sectionals last Friday. I was so stressed then. Perhaps even now. Thought all the stress would be over after Promos, but I guess the opposite rings true.
Yesterday I had to go for the Leadership Workshop, since I didn't go last week and since I didn't present a valid MC (I only gave a letter). But I was really sick! Didn't go to the Doc partly 'coz I was too tired and since the haze rating was up. I felt like screaming at them, "Do I have to show you the innumerable tissues I used blowing my nose? Do I have to keep coughing 'till the whole school's infected before you accept the fact that I'm sick? I know you'd rather I die first than miss any school activities." But I refrained myself.
Anyway, I was a tad reluctant to go 'coz I was gonna be all alone. The leaders from the Clubs & Societies and Performing Arts CCAs were supposed to go last week and the leaders of the Sports CCAs had to go yesterday. So I was out-of-place. But it wasn't so bad. It was quite awkward at the beginning, but after luch, things started getting better. My group was so fun. We kept on playing those games similar to the
Black Magic game and the
Is this a string? game. It took a while before everyone got it. But it was so funny to keep them guessing. Hahaha. Besides that, the facilitator, Kelly, was nice to me. She made sure I wasn't so alone. But she told me that Sze xin was such a "poor thing" last week since he was all alone and had to do everything by himself. Tsk tsk. So sad. But anyway, on the whole, I learned quite a lot, had fun and made new friends. (:
Yes, yes. That's all. Gonna get back to you guys after the next few days are over.By the way, go to PJC's Open House! it's on Friday, October 2o, from 1-6pm. For more info, go
HERE. Go for Kai yih's tour. She's a tour guide! Muhahaha. Ok, bye.