My second post in so short a time. Muhahaha. Read on people!
Sunday. After church left and took the MRT to Harbourfront to meet my Sec school friends. Met Tiffany, Nha chi and Nha mai. Then Meisi came a while later. Then we left for Vivocity. Then Karin arrived and met us a while later.
Then we went around, checking out the shops and clothes. Mostly window shopping though. CANDY EMPIRE! *drools* Then we went to Food Republic. It was so olden-timed China-ish. The look and the music and the feel as a whole. We bought dessert. I got a cold dessert. Big mistake. It was so freezing in the area where we sat.
Brrrr. We also went outside to take a look at the outside world. Fountains. Cable cars. Playground. Yeah! Sat on the grass and soaked in the view. I talked to Karin and told her about my Choir adventures. And I found out that she knows some of the NY Choir people. Figures. I mean, she
is from NY. Hahaha.
We finally got tired of being sandwiched between so many people. And besides, we were getting hungry. So we went below to find the food court. But we were on the wrong side of the building so we had to go back up and towards the other end. Haha. And we finally made it. But as is usually the case everywhere you may go in Vivo, well, the place was crammed with people. So we had to go around the place scavenging for a table and seats. Finally we got one. (:
Then we went to Giant supermarket Since Meisi needed to get some stuff. Then we got carried away by the nice keychains in Watson's. Then we finally went home.
'Twas so nice meeting up with them again after many months. Hope to see them again soon! It's so sad that we're all split up and in different schools now. Nha chi and Nha mai in AC. Tiffany in SR. Karin in NY. Meisi in NJ. Me in PJ. Haha.
Yesterday. Had to go to school at 10 to meet the other ExCos and SLs to practise the three new carols since we'll be performing them in front of the whole Choir on Wednesday. But I woke up at 9:15! So I rushed to school and took the first possible bus to school- 170. And I passed through the railway near the canal behind the school again. 'Twas quite muddy though. Ick. Fortunately I wasn't late.
We booked MPR5. Those who hadn't really learnt the songs yet didn't take so long to learn them. Then it was so fun! It sounded so nice when we combined to sing! (:(:(:
After, we had an ExCos meeting. About the seniors' farewell party. Then we tried singing the other carols,
It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year and
Let It Snow! but SOME people didn't take it seriously. So the pitching went haywire. But we still had fun though.
Then Karen, Winston and I stayed back for more singing. But it didn't sound so nice. I mean, two Alto voices and one Bass voice cannot really combine to produce a nice sound. Hehe.
Anyway, after that we went to Lot 1 for lunch. Or should I say, a mid-afternoon meal. Since it was almost 3 by then. Ate at Food Culture. Black Pepper Beef with Fried Egg again for me. For some reason it didn't seem as spicy as when I first tried it. Which is great. The spicy tingling sensation was offset by my lemonade.
Then we went downstairs. But before that we shared Minimelt ice cream among ourselves. Y'know, those ice cream dots. 'Twas quite nice. (: Then it was off to Food Junction. We chatted a while. About a variety of things. Like distances. Choir. Some people's desperation. Choir. The inhumane treatment of animals. Choir. Basically, we were still singing in the food court! Ahaha. And Karen and I sang the Descant over and over again. Well, the parts we could remember anyway. The more we sang it the easier it seemed to become. Yay.
Then I bought some pastries and chocolate croissants from BreadTalk. I love the choco croissants! Introduced to me by Azu. (: I gave one pastry each to Karen and Winston. Then we went our separate ways. But not after Karen and I decided we ought to bake for dear ol' Winnie on his special day, which is coming up pretty soon. Hahaha.
Today. Went to school for sectionals at 1. Didn't actually have to go, since it was a repeat of the previous day's thing. But of course Karen and I still went to set the example. Only six people and the SLs turned up. The 3 Alto ExCos. Azu. Karen. Me. The 2 SLs. Si yuan. Wing ki. Plus the others. Fronia. Tsu yin. Ke min. WHICH I think is better. That way more focus can be given to those few and they can really learn the songs well. Yeah.
Sigh. Today the potential retainees got their results. And well, it's not pretty. There were two lists I saw put up yesterday. The "LT2 List" and the "LT3 List". Today I found out that the LT3 people were retained while the LT2 people were promoted conditionally. They'd have to pass all tests in a set of tests that they'll be given next year. Those whose names weren't on the list were asked to consider other options, such as Poly, to put it kindly. 5 out of 6 of those potential people from Choir were retained. Good thing at least one of them's on conditional promotion. But my other friends! I weep for them. Sigh.
Met my friend to comfort her. Then had a short break from sectionals. Went to the canteen with some of the Altos. Our 10-minute break stretched into a very very long one. Pent-up emotions were unleashed. Guess that short break turned into an experience that brought us closer together. Yep.
Then we continued on. Had some voice training for the others. I found some drums from a drum set under the LT4 stage. So I had a happy time beating a drum when keeping the time for the songs. Muhahaha. Azu had to rush off to meet her poor friend who'd been waiting for hours. In her haste, she forgot her copy of the NY Choir contact list. Her Pokka Lemon Tea. Her Billabong Jacket. So I kept the list, trashed the drink and stored the jacket. Haha.
Then Ke min, Si yuan, Karen and I went to Sweet Talk. Then we went home. I played some piano. Kevin Kern. To soothe my troubled heart. Then I had pizza for dinner.
My friends. They worked so hard. And another one really really truly doesn't deserve to be retained. It wasn't because of her academic aptitude. It was because of her absences.
Sigh. Hope the feeling'll be fleeting.