Heya guys. Thanks all for visiting my blog. My cBox says all. Yeah.
Monday. Had PW dry run at MPR5. New teachers came to assess. So I was quite nervous. Especially since they were asking lotsa questions. And I SO did not interrupt the assessor ok! Haha.
Tuesday. Went to school for the technical run at F4-12 with Hui li. Other groupmates never came. Guys. Tsk.
Then I went to Westmall with Hikari and met Natalie and Anglia there for Sakae Sushi! Good food. W.O.L.S service. Hahaha. 'Twas bad enough that my food took quite some time. But the sauce! My, did it take a while!
Wednesday. Met Hui li to discuss potential questions for PW before Choir.
LT4 remained locked for quite some time before we could get it opened. So we had sectionals first. In the toilets again. Haha. Felicia and I had to teach the Altos since Si yuan and Wing ki had their OP. I hate
Sohran Bushi. Hahaha. Then we learned the Rudolph-Frosty Medley. YEAH!
Then Xue lian, Sze xin and I squeezed into Ms. Toh's car with Ms. Ong to do some surveying. Scouted the Paragon area, where we'll be performing on Thursday, for the SIF-Metro CIP Project Launching. We met the person in charge and Ms. Usha there. The adults were conversing and we were just standing there. We just stood there for 45 minutes! Listening. To their "conflict". Must use the right term. Muhaha. But I guess it was settled in the end. Felt it was quite redundant to go though.
Oh this is random. We saw Fiona Xie walking by. Correction: Xue lian and I. The adults were still engaged in deep conversation, one on one with each other. So they wouldn't have seen her. And Sze xin went to the restroom a few seconds before. Lol. Too bad.
Anyway, when it was all over, Ms. Ong asked us whether the three of us knew our way to the MRT. We gave her to know that we did. Not me actually. They. So imagine my shock when they say they don't know. We all relied on each other to give directions. Haha. So in the end I had to ask people for directions. Haha.
Thursday. No school for me. Woke up at 2 pm. Haha. I've been sleeping
really late nowadays. So I've been waking up really late too. Even with half the day gone, I still should've had enough time to finalise my PW stuff. But I dilly-dallied and took my time. So I ended up sleeping at--- 5 am! And the stupid speaker notes on MS PowerPoint pop out. Ugh.
Friday. OP! Was getting all fidgety at first in LT3 and while the first group presented once in the classroom. They were SO GOOD ok. Definitely Band 1 material. S13. SDP class. What else do you expect? They actually went and carried out their proposal! Woah man. Anyway, I was in the same classroom as Siew ting! YEAH! She was in the other group from S15. But she was too soft. ): My group had to wait for 30 minutes before presenting since the assessors wanted us to start at around 3. And it started raining hard during Siew ting's group's presentation. And meows and barks could be heard when they had their Q&A. If you haven't caught my meaning yet, put it this way. It POURED. The rain, I mean. But between the 30 minutes waiting time it started to subside. Yay. Our group's presentation went well, I guess. Not bad. (: Was finally free as of 4 pm! Woot!
Met Karen at the Concourse then subsequently Pei zhen on bus 190. Took it all the way to a bus stop near Bible House to meet Kai bin, the NY Choir VP. We then proceeded to Bible House. But not without being
drenched through in the rain. My whole back was soaked. And this was despite us sharing 2 umbrellas among the four of us. The rain was real strong. And my shoes felt like I just stepped into puddles. It was so squishy whenever I walked. Eeeee. But anyway. We paid the rent for the 4th floor Chapel for the next day's prac-cum-birthday surprise. And I bought some portion of Scripture booklets for mother.
The rain wasn't as strong after. Karen and I proceeded to Funan IT Mall for
Pastamania! while the other two left for the MRT. I celebrated the ending of PW by splurging on their flame-grilled meatball spaghetti. Yummeh! Karen's meal was too spicy for her liking though. So sad.
Today. 11/11. It's
the day. Haha. Coincidence: PJ Choir Prez and NY Choir Prez having the same birthday. Plan: A surprise during a special combined prac with PJ Choir and NY Choir. Was supposed to meet Karen and Pei zhen at Westmall to buy the ingredients for the cakes at 10 am. But I woke up at 9:30! So I rushed and finally met them. Got the ingredients together, and bought a flower for Juliet (NY Choir P) as well. Except for the aluminium trays. Went to three different locations but couldn't find one. In the end, my mom found some. But not before Karen and Pei zhen left for Jurong East's bakery shop. (I went home first). I told them they needn't buy the trays anymore so they just got KFC lunch for all of us. Thanks Karen and Pei zhen for buying! While they were gone, I managed to nicely wrap the flower in purple cloth-material thingies. With a nice ribbon. (:
Then it was baking time! 'Twas Karen and my idea to bake a cake for Sze xin's birthday. Knowing the number of people in our Choir though, we decided to make two. Invited the other ExCos to join in, but only Pei zhen was available. So yeah. They came to my place to bake. We made choco fudge cake with icing and M&M's! Yay. Had such a delightful time. Hehe. Then Jo's dad came by and gave us a lift to Bible House.
We meant to arrive early to hide the stuff in a safe place. Because of the rain though, it took quite a while for us to reach there. And we had a rather close encounter when we were at the intersection near Bible House. It was "stop" so the pedestrians were crossing. And who should we see but Sze xin and the two Gabriels crossing. So we called up the two Gabriels and told them to keep Birthday Boy upstairs. We ducked when we passed them and went past Bible House on purpose so our arrivals wouldn't clash with the trio's. Couldn't really find a suitable place to hide the cakes. Bookshop? No. Office? No. So we hid them somewhere else. Yup. Thankfully we weren't late.
Had warm-ups then split up for sectionals. Went to the carpark. Swapped SLs to save time. PJ SLs taught the song we already learnt to the NY people and vice-versa. Smart right? Haha. So we had Janice!
Joy To The World was crazy. For the fourth stanza, the Altos are supposed to sing the Descant 2 while the Sops sing Descant 1. And it's oh-so high up there in the sky! We're expected to reach high F#! Crazy, I tell you. We were dying. All the while I was straining my poor throat. Tried my best to support but I could tell I wasn't doing it correctly since my throat ached whenever I sang the high notes. Sigh. I need that higher vocal range!
During the combined prac, Jo, Pei zhen, Karen and I went to prepare the cakes and light the candles and everything with two of the NY people. They had their cake and gifts as well. Had a bit of a problem but it was sorted out. We were getting all hysterical. Okay, I know it's unbecoming of me. But somehow I couldn't help it. I got caught up with Karen and Pei zhen's screams. Haha.
Anyway, Jo went in and turned the lights off, since it took
forever before Xue lian or whoever it was to do it. Then we popped in, singing
Happy Birthday. And everyone else joined in. They were shocked! Especially Sze xin. He was so slow. There were so many hints staring him in the face but he still couldn't put two and two together. Ahaha. But anyway, I was quite disappointed the relighting candle only relit once. It didn't work! *pouts* But oh well.
Photos after. Then eating at the carpark. I gave my giant eraser gifts to the ExCo. They liked it. :D Wish there was a cake-fight! Haha. Too messy though. Lotsa cake was leftover, so we offered slices to random people. There were
still extras. The others actually wanted to
throw it away! After all the blood, sweat and tears poured into the baking! I was thinking of the poor children in Africa and in the Philippines. Wonder if the throwing away of excess food is expected from a society like the one here. They're just too blessed with too much already. *shakes head* So, I naturally grew defensive and firmly held my ground. The others then just decided to let me keep the leftovers. So I looked kinda weird walking with a tray of leftover chocolate cake directly under my face. I had to put it there to protect it from the rain- right under the umbrella. Haha.
Had dinner with a group of NY and PJ people at the Funan Food Court. I had the ingenious idea of having an alternate seating arrangement: PJ-NY-PJ-NY-etc. To get to know each other better. Yeah. Was quite full after eating THREE slices of cake though so I just ordered Ice Longan for desert. And it was Pauline's smart idea to ask for it in a tupperware so I could use it to keep the cake in to bring home. Yay. And after we ate we talked and gossiped and got to know more about each other. Haha. AND we sang! In the food court! Haha. 'Twas nice. So fun.
We sang while walking to the MRT station too. And we sang while waiting for the trains. Why, we even missed a few trains for the express purpose of singing. Of course we drew stares. Should've placed a hat nearby. Muhaha. And I liked it when we sang
Singapura Medley. It was SO in tune. Yayness. Then we sadly had to part, since the NY people took the Red Line while PJ people took Green. I had so much fun though. Got to meet new people. I love the idea of having more combined pracs with NY! The problem is the venue. We obviously can't go on renting Bible House. At least we're seeing them again for the
THREE Concert in December.
Okay, now for activities coming up. Tomorrow I'm meeting my St. Marg's friends for an outing at Vivocity! Can't wait to meet them. Monday: ExCo and SL prac for new carols. Tuesday: sectionals. Wednesday: Choir. Thursday: performance.
Sigh. Holiday Homework. I've been doing my Maths but I seem to have forgotten some topics. And I haven't touched my Physics yet. I know I'm doomed since I obviously have forgotten everything by now. The idea of bringing my homework along for my overseas trips is just.. icky. Absolutely horrid. But I don't wanna do it! I wanna have fun! I mean, come on, it's the holidays! I don't care. For the next few hours I shall just have FUN! No homework! Freedom! Food! Hibernation!
Oh before I forget. Do come support us at Paragon on Thursday. Performance is around 4:30. It's
inside. We're performing for both the opening and closing ceremony. Please come and support the SIF-Metro Project too. Thanks and hope to see you guys there. Bye.