Another update people! Shall blog about yesterday's events.
Had sectionals in the morning before Choir. During lunch break Karen, Melody and I rushed to Bukit Panjang Plaza to get a box/bottle for Si yuan's messages. It was her birthday and all the Altos wrote messages for her on coloured paper. Since we only had an hour we rushed like mad and had to just buy bread for lunch. But we did manage to get that box.
Choir started and there was another briefing about the Japan trip. We're going to Disneyland! Happiest place on earth. Then we went through the Japan trip songs.
After, Azu and I headed to The Haven, where the cake was placed. In our blind haste, we failed to notice that the huge fridge was right there near the door. So we had to walk all the way in and ask the people inside. Haha. We lit the candles then started back up towards the rear entrance of LT3. But the candles all blew out by then. So we had to relight them. Since some people had no idea someone was having a birthday, I couldn't really give any signal them to start singing so that Azu could come in. So I just motioned her in and started singing myself so the others would join in. Ahaha. Si yuan was so touched! Karen also gave her the messages in the bottle and box.
A short Alto celebration followed in the Canteen with the Black Forest Cake while the guys stayed behind for more practice. As a result, I never did get to sing
Silver Bells. Haha. Anyway, it was sad 'coz our SLs couldn't join us. Imagine that, the birthday girl herself unable to join in in her own celebration. Felicia and I also surprised Wing ki by giving her a box of her own, with messages from the Altos for her. She was shocked and really moved. (: Kudos to you Karen!
ExCo meeting after about the camp logistics details. For some reason the atmosphere was getting more and more hyped up as the meeting progressed. Guess it's 'coz finally we were finally complete again! Seems like ages since we last had a meeting everyone was a participant of.
Then Azu, Jo and I hastened to my place. Since there wasn't enough time left before the concert, I decided we should pass through the canal railway place towards the main road where we could take two direct buses. Azu and Jo had to admit they had fun! 'Twas their first time there, trekking and venturing into the unknown. Yeah. Sadly they weren't able to see the train pass my place. ): Next time!
The concert was cool. The performers all did very well. Three Choirs from Japan, Singapore and of course, the Philippines performed. Guess which one I thought pwned the rest? Not to be biased but.. ahaha. They even wore their
barong and
saya. Nice.
After and during the intermission we met the NY Choir people and some WE people. Boy were the others going crazy. Haha. Finally we were able to go home. Dropped Jo then Melody off then got some food. At 11 pm. I couldn't help feeling ravenous. For lunch and dinner all I had was a Kaya Bun, a doughnut, a slice of cake (which I shared with Azu and Mel) and some Maggi noodles.
Anyway so I had a late dinner then went to watch some TV. Nowadays I have to wait for the cable box to heat up before the cable channels show. It's just so cold. Anyways, so I was watching
Hello Dolly! on Arts Central. And for some weird reason, when my dad put it to that channel I took one look at it and said, "Isn't that
Hello Dolly?" And it was. O_o While the show progressed, I lay on the couch, exhausted. I fell asleep and shortly after my dad left to go sleep but left the TV on for me to watch the last 15 minutes of the show. But I drifted off and when I roused it was 2:30 am. So I quickly showered. Then I went online and chatted a while with Jo. After, being sleepy, I slept with damp hair.
The whole day, Azu and Jo kept on "suan"ing me. So evil. First it was Azu. Teasing me 'coz I can't really sing very high notes. Well, it wasn't my fault I had a sore throat okay. It's true though. But she didn't have to rub it in. And then I was so chipper throughout our journey to my place through the "jungle". And I was slightly obsessed with them having to see the train that passes by my place. Alluding to those two happenings, they just kept teasing me. You could almost see their horns poking through their scalps. Lol. And before we parted ways Azu told me to enjoy it 'coz it'd be the only time they'd tease me the whole day. Haha. I don't really mind, actually. Quite used to it. I mean, what were our Primary School days for? :D