doughnuts
tea stains
tree hugger
karissa

SNIFF
Right click. Select 'Show All'. :D


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

BITE
SIP
anglia carmina charmaine evan felicia gerald guomin jieying joanne jocelyn kaichi kaiyih karen michael mikhail molly natalie pauline peizhen rosanne

SAVOUR
Photo Brushes Photoshop
Let's all drift off to La-la land!
Another week has come and gone by so quickly. Have you ever felt like the whole world was passing you by and careening out of control while you were just standing there, unmoving? Y'know, you see scenes of it on TV sometimes, people and places and things swooshing past a stationary person. I feel like that now.

Well, my brain's been real tired recently. I can't concentrate in class. Every now and then I rest my head on the table in a bid to alleviate my sleepiness and exhaustion. Everyday the Sandman beckons. I stare blankly at the teacher or whiteboard, half-trying to make sense of the topic at hand, but to no avail. Even the act of trying drains lots of energy. PE doesn't help either. Saps the life outta me.

Oh, I've had my share of alive-ness and perkiness. But those times are what you can call "coffee inducements".

When I reach home late at night after Choir, I try to do my work. But I always end up falling asleep. I wake up a few minutes before my alarm rings and I see my lights still on and my work undone. To all my teachers: I'm really sorry.

I've been lagging behind in my studies. And guess what's even cooler? The next few weeks are test weeks. Yay.

How about my weekends, you ask? No diff. By the time I fully awaken on Saturday it's the afternoon already. Then next few hours are for me to relax after another stressful week. By the time I'm fully relaxed and prepared to tackle work, it's bedtime. Sundays I go to church. After lunch I sleep yet again. Then I only wake up for dinner. That leaves only a small amount of time for my work before I fall fast asleep. And it's another week! And so the cycle goes.

There's this one thing that bothers me. Right now I can say that my delinquence is a direct result of the long hours I put into my practices. But what happens after SYF? I'll obviously still be tired for a few more weeks. But what excuse can I give then?

Stressed man. On Wednesday I was really emotional. Cried in front of the Altos and Basses. Ms Ong said I shouldn't waste my time crying. And that if I cry the Choir gets affected. So I shouldn't cry or the Choir's morale plunges. Sigh. See? I don't even have the right to cry.

I've been thinking of doing something really drastic. Something that'll shock the Choir and make them realise that they need to put in more effort. Especially in the area of discipline. But I haven't quite figured it out. Why? 'Coz my brain's too tired to think. Ergh.

Practices everyday. Including tomorrow. 3 pm at Siglap South CC. Way out there in the East. Choral exchange with other Choirs. Hope it goes well.

Hey Choir. We can all do this IF WE PUT IN THE EFFORT! There's this misconception that coming for each and every practice equates to effort. Well it doesn't. Besides sectionals, voice training or combined pracs, each of us needs to do our part in making sure we know the notes, the rhythm, the dynamics, the expression. Make that happen. In your own little way, be it singing during your break times or in between classes, listening to the midis, clarifying with the SLs, or even singing in the shower. Please.

Well gotta blast. My homework awaits. Gotta at least try not to fall back further. 'Till next time!





----------------------------------------------------------
Saturday, April 28, 2007 @ 2:56 pm