
(1) The flowers and my huge face
(2) Pretty flowers
We visited an olden-time neighbourhood with a hidden chapel. It was hidden at the time of the Reformation when all religions but that of the Reformed Church were allowed.
(1) The neighbourhood
(2) The family and the neighbourhood
Then we went to a Bible Museum. Look at me and the yummy building:
Then we went to museums! First was the Rijks Museum with artworks by painters such as Rembrandt. I think his painting, The Night Watch, is SO COOL. I would've taken a pic if we were allowed to.
Then we walked around and took random photos:
(1) Long-distance calling
(2) The I-HUGGERS!
After that we went to the Van Gogh Museum, Natalie's favourite. Ahaha. I took forbidden photos using Gibby's stomach as a tripod. Haha. Vincent was an eccentric, like any other artist. He shot himself in the chest. Sad. I liked his painting, Wheatfield with Crows. It's nice. But I wasn't able to steal a photo. :(
Sunflowers
Back to the hotel. End of Day 2.
Third day. Woke up early yet again. In the morning we took the train to Haarlem to visit the ten Booms' residence. During WW2, they hid some Jews in their house. In the end they were found out, arrested and brought to concentration camps. Corrie ten Boom survived to tell of her horrible ordeal and how God's faithfulness was manifest throughout the harrowing experience. Check out the fake wall they built to hide the people:
After that, we roamed around the Plaza a bit then headed to an old cathedral. The name's slipped me. But it had this HUGE organ that has pipes 30 feet high! And it was playing while we walked around. Apparently Mozart played on it when he was 10 years old. Impressive, eh?
(1) The organ!
(2) The sibs and the organ
We then took the train again to Zaanse Schans to visit the WINDMILLS! Those gentle giants that sway with the breeze were the forerunners of the modern turbine. They're so awesome man. Contrary to the popular belief that they are used only for water purposes, they are actually like machines that can be used for a variety of purposes. We went inside the one called The Cat that makes powdered dye. 'Twas cool.
Went back to our hotel locale and took more pics.
Then we bought takeaway from Wok to Walk. It's so yummy. :D Oh! I forgot to talk about the new drink me and my sibs "discovered": FANTA! It's so cool and orangey. (: