The DUTCH-SWISS diaries. Excerpt 4.
YOZ! So I'm back in Singapore. And I'm gonna finish off the last entries to "the diaries". Since I've quite forgotten what we did since I last blogged, I'll be referring to Natalie's blog for the details. Thanks! (:
DAY 7. We went took the train then trudged on to take a cable car to the Schilthorn, one of the mountains there. Even in the summer, it's covered in snow (duh). One of the *old*
James Bond movies was filmed there. It was so nice I tell you. And it was good to get close to COLD. Muhaha. I'll let the pics speak for themselves:



(1) Taken during the walk to the cable car. I like the sun's rays!
(2) Me and TOBLERONE! *drool*
(3) In the cable car
From the building, we then went out to the snow. Gibby about to launch his snowball at me and me covered in snow:

Gibby, Natalie and I pointing at the sky:

Afterwards, we had lunch at the revolving restaurant there. We ate ice cream! YEAH!

Then we took the cable car again but instead of taking the train further down we HIKED. And we saw lotsa interesting things.



(1) The family and the nice mountains. Jealous yet? (:
(2) Me and Natalie!
(3) Me and Gibby!
Now, me and my sibs were especially delighted with all the dandelions we saw on the way. There were A LOT. I loved to pick them and blow them to help them proliferate. Well sure they're weeds, but they're cool! Hahaha. Gibby and I couldn't stop. And Natalie was getting irritated from all our blowing.

After we finally reached the bottom and took another cable car, we trekked back to the hostel and rested. Then Natalie and I went for a short walk around outside our hostel. Me and the nice waterfall that can be seen from the window:

8th day~ Well, up another mountain we went! It's called the Jungfraujoch. My mom said "jungfrau" means "young woman" and "joch" means "top". No surprise, it's the HIGHEST POINT in Europe! :D
So, we wore lotsa layers of clothes 'coz quite obviously it'd get really cold. First place we went to after arriving at the peak was head to the Ice Palace. Once again, sub-zero temperature awaited us. Everything in it was made of ice. Even the floor. Since my shoes weren't friction-full, I moved along really slowly. MAN was it cold! My fingers grew numb within seconds. FROSTBITE! Quickly circulated the place then *tried* to run out without slipping. Check out my parents, muhaha:

After going back out (of the Ice Palace but still indoors), we took a breather. AND I saw this display. Apparently Einstein came up with the Theory of Special Relativity in Bern. And in the pic, that black think is the spark chamber. I forgot what it's all about but I remember it was about particles from cosmic rays becoming visible or something. It was cool. What can I say? I'm a Physics student. :P

Then we went out to greet the smiling sun and shining snow. Haha. Up there, since everywhere you turn you see white, it gets really glaring and we couldn't help but squint. The ironic thing was that it was.. HOT. It felt just like Singapore temperature on an average sunny day. And with 5 layers of clothes on it got real stuffy. So we moulted. I mean shed our layers. It was cool to make icey stuff and throw snowballs though! And I got to "slide" down a slope on a snowdisc. Yeah!


(1) My icy finger of death! :D
(2) Me and Natalie dying of heat
After, we took the train down and made a stop at Wengen. There were lotsa souvenir shops and COOP. YEAH! We got the GIANT *insert name of orangey drink here* But more of that later. Some pics:



(1) Look at that huge SUB SANDWICH
(2) The houses in the area (up the mountains) look as such
(3) Me and Natalie. Nice colours eh? I took the photo!
It was fun shopping around there. And looking around of course. There was this store full of cheese. But it smelled quite, ew. Haha.
Then we took a train back to our hotel place. Pics:


(1) Me and GIANT FANTA! Yeah! 1.5 litres of orangey fun! (:
(2) Us eating dinner in the shared kitchen
And so ended another day.