I confess that it is with some reluctance that I write this entry. I'd rather spend my time elsewhere. But, the necessity of recording down certain events in the hopes that they do not become mere shadows in the future has drawn me here.
Yes, Mid Year Exams have come and gone. Many a time did I wish the real thing be over and done with. The in-betweens of the exams were rather fun though. I will especially remember the day when me and a couple of friends of mine aimed stones at a massive urn which spewed water out of its mouth and into the pond it stood in. A solitary snail journeyed towards the jug's gaping mouth and we, being the brave hero and heroines that we were, undertook the rescue mission. Bliss.
Yep, exams are over and for now it's sweet liberation all over again. But as always, it's short-lived. Mid Years were a mite more difficult than the usual. And here I am afraid I'd not be able to score any As this time round. Well, I'd best just study more assiduously from now on.
So, with exams a thing of the past, I've taken up certain activities with which to busy myself these three days' worth of break. First thing I did Friday afternoon after my Physics exams was to take a nice long nap. Then I read. And read. And read. So lost was I in the world of fiction that I drifted off at around 4 am, lights on, finger stuck in book. Ahhh, it's nice to have time to read again. And even better to have found books worthy of reading. Borrowed them a week ago in JE Library, when I accompanied some of my friends to study Statistics.
I've been thinking a great deal about the book I've been reading and how it has impacted my life. Hence I have decided to write a whole post on it later.
Yesterday was Karen's belated birthday celebration. Five faces came to bid her good wishes and to celebrate. The happy event took place in Marina Square. Lunch was at Yuki Yaki. It's a buffet-style restaurant where you get to grill your own raw food, akin to Seoul Garden. Next was bowling. Everyone had their own unique styles of bowling. There were instances when the system did not function properly and some got more chances than was fair. But the whole affair gave us pleasure.
We then proceeded to do some shopping for wallets. We patronised The Wallet Shop and looked around for something to our liking. I chose a feminine one, with a butterfly motif against a charcoal-grey background. Last item I bought before today's GST increase. Good thing we're in Singapore. A 2% increase like this would have Filipinos brandishing those well-worn signposts and donning their anti-government regalia before flocking in the streets in front of the nearest government building. People here have taken it rather lightly.
As I am growing tremendously weary now, I shall close this entry soon. But not before saying that my dear sister has gotten a Tamagotchi. Is it getting increasingly common for people her age to have sudden interests in yesterday's best-forgotten fads? All the people in her clique got one for themselves too. A new fetish perhaps? I hope it's not any small thing she'll abandon on caprice. The poor thing will die! :P