Today was the day me, Jo, Pei zhen, Sze xin and Keh kiong decided to celebrate Winston's birthday! Well, I suggested we head to the Botanic Gardens and have a picnic then head to Island Creamery for dessert. It was an idea inspired by my one and only sis. Haha.
We all met at the bus stop opposite Coronation Plaza. We were all late. :P Then we crossed and bought some last-minute snack supplies. After, we started our trek towards the BG via the Cluny Gate. It seemed to take ages to get there, 'coz it started RAINING. I started to panic when I couldn't find the gate (I was leading everyone). And would you know it, only 1/6 of us brought an umbrella, despite my reminder! But eventually we found it.
We sought shelter at- guess where? The Symphony Lake Stage! Muhahaha! We were scared someone might see us and our illegal actions (only permitted performers allowed) so we set up our picnic backstage. We all brought food: Jo and I baked brownies (to serve as a sorta cake for Winston), KK and Jo made sandwiches, SX brought drinks and PZ brought potato chips. Of course birthday boy didn't hafta bring anything. (:



1) Our picnic ground: the STAGE!
2) Us picnicking
3) FOOD!! Yeah, we pigged out more than usual. :P
We ate and then played games while we ate. Some of them played this card game called
Big Two in Chinese. While they were doing that, Jo and I readied the brownies with candles and
Happy Birthday signs. I used the Chem lab firelighter! :D Then we popped out and sang
Happy Birthday. Winston made a wish and blew out the candles and cut the brownie.
Then we played
Taboo! It was super fun! The SHOWER CAP incident and COLD BRA (COBRA) incident were hilarious! Hahaha.

Winnie wishing.
Once the rain subsided, we packed up and walked around. We went to the Ginger Garden where I saw this super cool tree with fiery flowers!




1) Group photo
2) Behind the waterfall!
3) The heart
4) Fiery blossoms
Then we walked further to Swan Lake and fed the fishies! And there were turtles too! But they were S.L.O.W. and weren't able to get to the food before the fish. Haha. Walked along the edge, and we saw this HUGE TURTLE! It was like, 2 feet long! Cool eh?


1) Feeding the fish!
2) Gargantuan turtle :D
Then we walked back, through the Sundial Garden and the walkway with Frangipani trees and Lipstick Palms. And past the giant spinning ball! And all the while Sze xin and Pei zhen were playing frisbee. o_O Haha.


1) The frisbee-ers
2) The non-frisbee-ers
Then we walked out the same way we entered and trekked to Island Creamery, where we rewarded ourselves with 2 tubs of ice cream! We got
Burnt Caramel,
Apple Pie, and
Pear Sake. The latter was a good choice, it took away the yucky thick feeling on our tongues due to the other 2 flavours. I think it's 'coz the'yre cream-based. But they were all yummy and we finished all!



1) Sze xin, me, Pei zhen
2) Winston, Jo, Keh kiong
3) Us at Island Creamery! :D
Then we printed our picture in the BG to stick up the wall. We were "successful" after a long time of hovering and pushing buttons and poking photo paper into the machine. Here's what it looks like on the wall:

We wrote our names, the date, the place. And we wrote "Not in photo: Karrot". Hahaha.
Well, the day turned out more fun than I planned. :D Hope there'll be more in the future. But with Karen next time! (: