Looking back, it's a wonder I was so nervous in the first place. In the end everything turned out fine. (:
I met Kai yih and Hwee peng at Phoenix LRT and we walked to school together. On the way we didn't see anyone, so we thought we were early. We weren't
that early though. So it was kinda surprising. When we got there, turns out we were one of the later ones. o_O"' Most everyone was in the Hall already.
After announcing the usual general outcome, the names of the most improved students were flashed on the screen. Then they flashed the names of those who got triple As or quadruple As. Whenever I saw a friend's name, I was so pleased. I screamed and clapped so loudly when Keh kiong, Winston and-- most of all-- Guo min's names were shown in the
Most Improved Students section. Guo min got to be on stage! She got AAA A(H1)! I had other friends whose names were flashed too, like Joshua, Jesmin, Erik and SK. I was SO HAPPY for all of them. My name wasn't among the names there. But I felt just the teensiest tinge of disappointment. Actually, I don't think it bothered me at all. I was in the best of spirits.
For some reason, the cheering and shouting seemed to expel any nervous or scared feeling from me. I was just really happy. :D
After that, the J2s were dismissed and it was time to get our results individually. Then I started to get the dreaded feeling back, but the nervousness was completely gone. I was one of the last to get my results, as the guys in my class started crowding around Mr. Tham. I finally got my turn and I heard the same words that I had heard from Mdm. Su when I took back my O Level results.
"Well done."
That's when my feeling of dread was eradicated completely. I thanked him for everything and walked to Jie ying and Kai yih. I couldn't bear to take a peek at my results. Heart beating wildly, I took a breath and peeked at the subjects one by one..
Then I lingered in the Hall for a bit. After, Kai yih, Jie ying and I went back to our beloved classroom, F2-67, and took photos. We then did more lingering in the Concourse for a while, chatting with my juniors and friends I hadn't seen in months. Old friends like Jie ying, Natra and Azu were there too! :P
Then we started on our way home. Today was an
extremely HOT day. I sublimed. (Haha, me and Guo min's joke. She melts, I sublime. :P) I took bus 67 with Jie ying, since she had piano lessons at Methodist School of Music, across from my place. And the bus felt like a pressure cooker! D:
Anyway, I just want to say a BIG THANK YOU to all those who prayed for me and my results. I want to thank my well-wishers too. And for all those who supported me in one way or another.
As for my other friends: I hope you make it through this a stronger and more mature person. You're tough! I know you can do it. Construct a Plan B if you don't have one yet. Go all out and accomplish your dream, even though it's via another route. I'll be with you every step of the way. (:
Well, 'till next time! :D
What?
Oh, my results you say? AABBD. D for GP. I call it "My Personal Anomaly". :P Shocking and disappointing, I know. But don't worry, I have accepted it as a member of my A Level Results Family. :D Just don't tell my GP teacher okay? :P
To God be the glory!