doughnuts
tea stains
tree hugger
karissa

SNIFF
Right click. Select 'Show All'. :D


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

BITE
SIP
anglia carmina charmaine evan felicia gerald guomin jieying joanne jocelyn kaichi kaiyih karen michael mikhail molly natalie pauline peizhen rosanne

SAVOUR
Photo Brushes Photoshop
Uni Application Woes
Rawr.

Okay, for now I have more or less chosen what courses to put as my choices for the unis. I'm more bothered now by the Non-Academic Achievements/Discretionary Admissions. Aside from the extra-curricular activities we need to list, there're essays to be done. But that's not the problem. I'm wondering if I even can fill in the non-academic part.

NUS says the activity I put down must be relevant to the course I am applying for. Unless I take Music, then there's no way I can apply.

NTU says I need at least National Level Participation. Where does school participation fit in? Aside from that, there is an Appraisal Form that needs to be done. It's something like a referral by a teacher, coach, etc. They're "assessment" of your character includes, and I quote:

-Leadership
-Positive Influence
-Creativity
-Integrity
-Intellectual Undertakings
-Emotional Maturity
-Perseverance
-Responsibility
-Initiative/Motivation
-Care for Community
-Self-confidence
-Academic

I just wonder if it's worth it all, you know? Having to do so much, just to get your course of choice. Sigh.

That's the tough part about being in a society where one has to sell oneself. One is preceded by one's merits. Society dictates one's worth. Those who don't make the cut are deemed "cheap" and "worthless" or "good for nothing". Sad, ain't it?

I'm just glad I don't have to listen to the endless harangue of society. I don't need anyone to tell me how much I'm worth. Who I am is how God sees me, nothing more, nothing less. (:





----------------------------------------------------------
Thursday, March 20, 2008 @ 4:30 pm