Blogger has a new feature! If it works, you guys will only see this post on May 16th. Why? Because I wanna finish all my America blog posts first. I've been kinda putting off blogging about my latest happenings 'coz I want everything to come out chronologically. Call me a perfectionist, but hey, that's how I want it done. So, before I forget recent events, I'll blog about them now (May 6th)!
Long ago, on Monday, April 28, I went out with Karen to Cineleisure to watch
Definitely, Maybe. The movie didn't really strike a chord within me. Aside from some, uh, verbal references, it was just mediocre. I liked the way it was presented though. Story-form-ish. But not my type. After, we looked around and checked out clothes but didn't buy anything.
The next day was Ben & Jerry's FREE CONE DAY. Not on the 25th as I mentioned in one of my posts. Okay, so now you know I'm no clairvoyant. I thought it was on that day 'coz it was on that day last year. I found out that they change the day every year. Heh, no fun.
Anyway, I journeyed to Vivocity to meet with Ke min. Karen was supposed to come, but a last-minute call from one of the schools where she relief-teaches altered our plans. Anyway, when we got there, the QUEUE! It was so ultra long. It looked lo'ng from the inside already. Little did I know, there was a queue outside as well. In the hot sun. But it was quick and I got Strawberry, while Ke min got the Cookie Dough one. The scoopers must've been tired. ):
Then we walked around and looked at stuff, clothes, etc. We went to Toys 'R' Us! Sorry, can't type the reverse R. :P We talked about all the toys we used to play with when we were younger. And relived our childhood days. :D
Walked around more until we decided to have an early dinner at Superdog. I was able to buy something (I only brought $5 plus a few coins). Then we visited Penny, who works at Starhub there. I bumped into her and Yu zhen, Shi yi and Diana before getting my B&J's. Then Ke min and I went our separate ways. It was fun, I didn't expect I could talk so much with her. We never went out together, only the 2 of us. But it was a good experience. (:
Skip to Thursday, Labour Day! My family and I went to the Upper Peirce Reservoir, a park. Before that we took ages to find a McDonald's. After an hour in the car, we finally found one and got McGriddles! (New in Singapore!) But they only have
Sausage and
Sausage with Egg (and cheese) flavours. No bacon. )': McDonald's needs to uphold it's Halal status of course. Anyway, we strolled around the park after our little picnic with GIANT KILLER ANTS. Lol. Maybe not
killer, but GIANT.
Then we played
Uno. And because of the shuffler's*ahem*my poor shuffling skills, the game took eons to end. Seriously, it was really long. Longest
Uno game I ever played. :P 'Coz if we didn't have a certain coloured/numbered card to match the last one played, we had to draw. And draw and draw. Until we got one that matched. Since the deck wasn't shuffled well, everyone had many cards of only a certain colour while others had none of that colour at all. It was cray-Z. Muhaha. Gibby and I were obsessed with ending it while the others wanted to just quit. But we finished it, 'coz I made the stupid mistake of choosing a card for Natalie (she quit but we played for her) and Gibby won. Haha.
The next day, I went to PJ to visit the Choir during their camp. Karen, Jo and KK came too. karen and I played some of the ice-breaker games while in the new container classrooms. Then we all went outside for the wet games. They played our blanket game! With a blanket dividing the 2 teams, they each have to send someone to face each other (but with the blanket in between so they don't see each other). When the blanket comes down, they have to say the name of the other person first. The person who fails to do so gets splashed with water. Muhaha. This game was brought to you by my ExCo. (: I video-ed the whole affair, with the occasional commentaries by yours truly. :P But I lost Kuan yee's video cam cover! Sorry! D:
Then it was time to feast! Catering service! Jo and I took food since there was a lot left over. We ate for free! (The rest had to pay $10, shhhh). The Band was also having a camp. They were BBQ-ing! It smelled so good.. and they all seemed to
enthusiastic. Reminds me of my days in Choir. We were so high all the time, especially the ExCo. :P But enthusiasm levels reached an all-time low after we stepped down and let our juniors take over. However they seem to have recovered some of the lost spirit now that the new J1s have joined. They seem like a happy bunch, the new J1s. That's good news. :D
After eating, there was practice 'till 9 pm. I sang along. Jo took down notes for her emceeing role on the 31st.
Bewitched sounded nice. But
Seaside Rendezvous was a different story. ): Sad, since I love it. Then we did
Bohemian Rhapsody. My first time singing it. It sounds like the one by Queen. But shorter. The S1s have to reach a high B flat! And it's an octave jump. Sad. Then we all left and went home.
Yesterday,
Cinco de Mayo, Karen and Ke min came over to my place. We wanted to invite the others, but it was short-notice and a weekday. Anyway, we first looked at the Koi fish and other fish in the pond downstairs. There was this big black fish that looked like a shark and catfish combined. Lol. And a Koi that looked like it was born without scales. The fish looked hungry. I think the management hardly feeds them. D: After taking pics and talking about fish, we finally went upstairs.


First we baked Double Choco Chip cookies using a mix. The first batch was the best. Crunchy on the outside but soft on the inside. The next batches seemed to go awry. First it was that the cookies were stuck on the pan (we used a muffin pan that wasn't non-stick). Then it was the burnt cookies. Sad. We did more scraping and had more crumbs. Reminds me of December 15. Hahaha. But they were still good. :D


In between batches, we played
Dance Showdown. Tita Sophie gave me, Natalie and Gibby the game. It's just like DDR (
Dance Dance Revolution). But it's a mat that can be connected to the TV. The songs aren't so nice, just those Techno kinds. Haha. But it's still fun to play. It's hard at first but gradually one can get used to it. I played it once before, last Thursday, after the park and the
Uno game. :P An MP3 can actually be plugged in and you can dance to whatever song you want. But the arrows/dance steps don't follow the beat of the songs. Which makes it very hard and frustrating. So we prefer the Techno songs. D:

I have pics of the fish, cookies and dancing. But I have to ask Ke min for them first. Wait! (:
{EDIT} The pics are here!
And those are my events! [:
Those aren't
all that've been happening in my life, though. Aside from the ubiquitous issues of GLOBAL WARMING and the US economic problem, believe it or not lots of stuff have been happening here at home. Of course most of that stuff is private and not meant to be shared (too bad!) I will of course share MY happenings to my dear readers.
I got accepted into NTU and NUS.
NTU's letter came on the day I arrived, April 24. NUS'
package came on May 2, and I saw it before I left to visit Choir.
So that's good news. Am I going to NUS or NTU? Let's put it this way. Recently I've been experiencing "Math withdrawal symptoms". In short: I miss Math. Math just rocks too much okay? Lol. Don't get me wrong, I love Chem too. But I love math more. :P Maybe you guys don't know, but I pretty much decided on Chem before I applied. So I got
Chemistry & Biological Chemistry for NTU, and
Science for NUS. Thing is, for NUS, Chem, Math, Physics, etc all come under
Science. So I can still go for Math if I go to NUS. It seems more flexible. Especially since they have that CORS thing (the bidding). But NTU's Chem programme looks more promising. But I think maybe I'll go to NUS? RAWR.
{EDIT} I already accepted my NUS offer.
In the meantime, I will sit here and examine all the possibilities. There's much to do before June 1! And I've started writing more to-do lists. I seem to be making more and more nowadays. And I need to stick to my deadlines. Right now I'm running behind schedule. I'm supposed to finish my 2nd America blog post today. Ergh. BYE! :D
(: Oh, look:

What can I say, I really am a tree-hugger!
