doughnuts
tea stains
tree hugger
karissa

SNIFF
Right click. Select 'Show All'. :D


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

BITE
SIP
anglia carmina charmaine evan felicia gerald guomin jieying joanne jocelyn kaichi kaiyih karen michael mikhail molly natalie pauline peizhen rosanne

SAVOUR
Photo Brushes Photoshop
PJC College Day 2008
Last Saturday, May 17, was PJC's 7th College Day 2008. It's a day when graduates and current students receive awards for academics, CCA leadership and the like.

My Choirmates got letters and/or calls from the school telling them they were awardees. Although I didn't get any, I decided to go anyway, as a guest of Karen. I was gonna take photos for everyone on stage.

So on that day, the female awardees plus I met at Lot 1 for lunch at Pizza Hut. We kept swapping spoons and wiping all the silverware. Lol. I don't wanna say anything more. I'll leave it to my dear readers' imaginations. :P


We wanted to make it like in the commercials, where lots of cheese oozes out when a slice is lifted. Sadly, it's only seen in commercials.


Then we left for PJ. The awardees needed to meet at 2 pm at LT4. So I hung with my Choir juniors. They were gonna perform the college anthem. I followed them to the Hall for sound check:




Connie and some of my juniors were wondering why I had no award. I shrugged. They said they heard all the ExCo and Music Com people's names. So she SMSed Karen to check the awardee list there in LT4.

Then Enoch and Bernard and I went out to get bubble tea. On the way out Gerald spotted me. So he accompanied us too.

Walked back and followed Bernard to LT3. Only Nat, Shi jun and Mindy were present. They were making programmes for the concert on the 31st. Each Choir member is to make 5. All the programmes will be unique!


Shi jun letting his creativity flow


Lazing around in the LT, I suddenly got a call from Karen saying that I was an awardee (including the other ExCos and SLs who didn't get the letter/call)! Surprise, surprise. What inefficiency. So I rushed to LT4. Much to my dismay, I realised I was grossly underdressed. I was wearing my rainbow stripes shirt and jeans!



1) Me, KK, Xue lian
2) The Choir awardees present


I tried on a vest Si yuan bought at Lot 1 earlier. Sadly it was too small. So I called my dad to rush over and bring a more formal blouse. The awardees were already leaving for the Hall and I waited at the Foyer. I felt so rushed. But finally my dad came. And I ran to the Hall restrooms to change. Thanks Karen and Si yuan for rushing with me. :P The event was gonna start in a few seconds and I didn't know where I was supposed to be seated! So I had to ask one of the ushers. I must've sounded crazy to him. :P But anyway I found them and since the three of us weren't there when everyone was seated, the row was 2 chairs too few. So we all squeezed. The Hall felt like a giant pressure cooker. ):


I'm on stage! Yay. Thanks to Mindy for the photo!


After the programme:




1) Choir awardees plus Ms. Toh
2) PJ Hall
3) Me and Si yuan on stage


Then we were all invited to refreshments in the Concourse. FOOD! Some of us hung in LT1 with our juniors. And snuck in some food for them. :P




1) Me and Enoch
2) Karen, me, Gladys
3) FREE FOOD! :D


After eating and changing back to my more comfy rainbow stripes and catching up with old friends, Nat led us (me, Karen, Si yuan, Winston, Keh kiong) to the new hangout place outside LT4-- The Patio. It's cool!




There's even a swing!



1) Winston and Karen
2) Si yuan and me


I thought this decor was so aesthetically-pleasing that I took a photo of it:




After more eating and chatting and flower-grabbing back downstairs, we all left. While waiting for Winston's ride, we took a photo:


Winston, Keh kiong, Karen, me


On the bus ride home, I missed my stop. :P It was dark and I wasn't used to travelling home from school anymore. So I had to walk back. And I met Joshua on the way. Lol. But finally I arrived home.


My sunflower, certificate, medal and programme (:


And so ended my hectic day. But it was FUN. :D

-------------------------

Check out the foods I've been making recently:




1) Cinammon rolls!
2) Creamed eggs for my mom for Mother's Day
3) Raspberry muffins!





----------------------------------------------------------
Wednesday, May 21, 2008 @ 1:12 pm