doughnuts
tea stains
tree hugger
karissa

SNIFF
Right click. Select 'Show All'. :D


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

BITE
SIP
anglia carmina charmaine evan felicia gerald guomin jieying joanne jocelyn kaichi kaiyih karen michael mikhail molly natalie pauline peizhen rosanne

SAVOUR
Photo Brushes Photoshop
080808 [Future-dated post #2]
Happy 080808! :D

And if you noticed, I posted this post at 8:08 am! :D Okay fine, so this is a future-dated post. Muhahaha. Hey, this day only comes every 1000 years y'know!

Okay yeah, I know every year since 2001 has had its share of "special" dates. I remember last year's, on 070707. The senior ExCos (that's me and my ExCo!) and junior ExCos had our first/last meeting together at McDonald's. AND. That day was Wear-Green-To-Raise-Awareness-For-The-Environment Day. Yes, I have a good memory. (:

So, nothing special about the same day-same month-same year thing. Of course perhaps the novelty of the Matching Digits will not totally be realised until 5 years from now, in 2013. When the coincidence stops. Right? :P

But perhaps this year is EXTRA special because of, you guessed it, the Beijing Olympics. And it gets even MORE special. Because for the Chinese, the number 8 is a lucky number. I wonder how many Chinese couples will get married today? Tee-hee.

Ooh, another thing that makes 080808 special is that it falls on the eve of Singapore's National Day. Muhaha. And what makes it even more special is that we're going to the National Day Parade. (Yes I know, it's getting a bit far-fetched with minimal link to 080808.) And I don't look forward to.. 4 hours sitting there. And standing when the crowd gets enthusiastic. OR *gasp* doing "The Wave". Oh no. I just realised that this is gonna be really awkward.

Flashback to the National Day Celebrations in school the last four years. It was awkward! How much more tomorrow when the air is (inevitably) super-electrified with enthusiasm?? Sigh. I hate being OP. (Out-of-place. Pinoy acronyms :P) Makes me feel like I'm drawing attention to myself. Rawr.

On another note, I got a glance of THE DARK SIDE of the NUS bidding system yesterday. Made me go berserk, the fact that I waited to plan my backup module nicely 'till the eleventh hour. I went out in the morning's why. But I guess it's quite okay now? But I vowed to plan and map out my entire uni life's modules before starting school. More or less. More or less because now I know how very disappointing it is not to get the module you planned.

Did I mention I hate taking risks? And online bidding (with points, not $!) for my university modules does not help in that respect. But what can I do? I just console myself with the fact that God wouldn't allow me to take a module I'm not meant to take. His will be done, yeah?

Hm, school starts in a few days. I'm not ready to surrender my UBER vacation yet! Hahaha. For now, I'll just make the most of my remaining days (here on earth. Haha, kidding.) Cheers!





----------------------------------------------------------
Friday, August 08, 2008 @ 8:08 am