Last Saturday, the 15th of August, was the 10th anniversary of my JC, Pioneer Junior College (PJC). The Pioneer Alumni Circle (PAC) organised and hosted a dinner event, inviting teachers and alumni to return and relive old memories. As I mentioned in my previous posts, my friends and I decided to perform for the event. All those months of practices and hard work culminated in that one final moment.
Those who could make it on time met in school at around 1:30 pm to have warm ups (this time near the side stairs behind the Hall, instead of in the female restroom), sound checks and final preparations. In between we took breaks, including a frisbee break in the Parade Square:


Pei Zhen, Karen, Si Yuan
Some random pics:


1) The emcees through a crack!
2) Hall entrance, now a glass door (but I don't think you can see it in the pic)
While doing our final sound check, Mikhail and Sze Xin arrived. Then we were given dinner in styrofoam packs. This got us thinking that perhaps we wouldn't be allowed to eat from the buffet later. ): But that was jumping to conclusions, haha. Before going backstage and changing into our attire, I took these:


1) The cake
2) Doesn't look like our old boring Hall, does it?
So after getting ready and everything, there was a little pre-dinner cocktail-like arrangement at the Concourse at 6 pm. (I say cocktail-like because there weren't any cocktails or alcohol, but it was set up in that way.) At 6:30 pm, everyone moved up to the Hall. We sat at the Performers' table and watched the first block of performers and ate! Woo~

Performers' Table

My pass so I could get in without showing a ticket + Dinner programme



Table decor (I think Karen took these photos)

Si Yuan, Pei Zhen, Karen, Sze Xin

Mikhail, Winston, me, Keh Kiong
After all the speeches, we were given the signal to start eating! Check out the food, don't forget to enlarge to see them clearer:












So much food!!
There are lots of pictures, so I won't write too much. Allow the pictures to speak for themselves! The food was so delicious! Sadly we had to control ourselves because, one wrong bite and there go our voices. Sighhhh. Still we couldn't resist and has
small helpings of fruits in chocolate fondue and Tiramisu, and more! I was sad I wasn't able to eat to my heart's content. It's not everyday you get to taste $30 food for free! (Tickets cost $30, but performers didn't need to pay!)
The Dinner was divided into three segments, each with different performances and food breaks. After the first one, we left to warm up and do last-minute preparations backstage for our performance in the third block. Actually, we were the last ones to perform. :P



1) Candid shot
2) All of us! (Sze Xin had to sit because of his leg)
3) In the girl's toilet (Karen, Si Yuan, me, Pei Zhen)
Then of course it was time to go onstage and do what we do best! Thanks to Winston's friend who took the next three photos!


1) YAY!
Tea For Two,
Let's Do It! and
Blue Moon!
2) Back onstage with the other performers, singing the College Anthem (we did 4-parts)
Of course, after all the performances there was a Mass Dance! It wasn't easy dancing in high heels while holding a mic. :P Not doing the Fun Dance was somewhat of a letdown, but we still had fun with the Mass Dance. There were those loud poppers that bang out confetti and cheers all around.

Mass Dance! I'm at the back right.

After everything, with the Hall all messed up :P


All of us plus Joanna and Ms. Toh {:
Random after-Dinner photos:


1) Karen and Kee Onn. Hahaha.
2) Mikhail's car, which looks suspiciously like a Mercedes (He told me his car was nothing special. My foot! Haha.)
Obviously everyone was at a high, especially us, because this was the first time in
two years that we were sang again onstage. Backstage I gave everyone little notes expressing my thanks, as well as origami I made for each of them. I didn't take a photo of them, but they were so cute! Lol. And on that joyous note, we all went home.
Let me now take a moment to say
THANK YOU:
Firstly, thanks go to the PAC for inviting us back for the opportunity to share our music. Thanks for being so nice and accommodating of us, especially by encouraging us during rehearsals. (Like when you guys start spontaneously dancing to our singing, haha!)
Thanks to Xue Lian for lending us your scores, without which we wouldn't be able to perform our beloved
Blue Moon. Thanks for the midi files too.
Thank you, Sze Xin (and family) and Si Yuan (and Anglia) for allowing us the use of your home and/or function rooms for us to practise in. Thanks to my family too, for enduring our "noise" when we come for practise at the house.
Thanks PJ Choir for helping us grow musically.
Thanks everyone who encouraged us one way or another, or showed your support.
Thank you
NoteWorthy Composer. Haha.
Lastly, let me extend my gratitude to my lovely fellow songsters. You all have been great and I've loved every minute of our practices! I am indeed very blessed to count you as my friends and I thank the Lord for all of you. Thanks for a wonderful music experience! :D
