doughnuts
tea stains
tree hugger
karissa

SNIFF
Right click. Select 'Show All'. :D


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

BITE
SIP
anglia carmina charmaine evan felicia gerald guomin jieying joanne jocelyn kaichi kaiyih karen michael mikhail molly natalie pauline peizhen rosanne

SAVOUR
Photo Brushes Photoshop
Reality TV


I've been watching Pinoy Big Brother (Double Up) lately. At the superficial level it's really quite interesting to watch. I haven't watched PBB since the first season aired. I must say, though, the show seems to have developed a more "serious" air in the sense that the "tasks" assigned to the housemates (contestants) are not as trivial as they used to be.

Now let me digress a bit.

In my opinion, many self-proclaimed "reality TV" shows have gone a bit too far in providing "entertainment" to their viewers. Case in point: The Moment of Truth. Have you seen the show? It just sickens me, that people would stoop that low for money. This attitude (nay, malaise!) is rampant in many industries. Economics 101: Assumption: All firms are selfish and only care about making profit.

How can people be so selfish? We are willing to place our relationships on the altar and milk "entertainment" out of people *coughvictimscough* for money!

On the other hand, if such programmes still exist today, we can only conclude that viewers have taken the bait. I guess we fail to think twice of the many things we come across on television. Also, it isn't as if the contestants join without knowing what is expected of them. Does that imply selfishness on their part too? In some cases I suspect their willingness stems from the fact that they really do need the money. But others?

For shame!

With that, I will end this analysis. Just a thought, dear readers. I hope I don't offend. (:


Photo: Photobucket





----------------------------------------------------------
Thursday, October 15, 2009 @ 12:59 am