Friends and books. Books are friends.
I'm flying off in less than 24 hours, woo-hoo! I've spent the past few days trying to prepare myself before my departure. I had so many things to get done, and thankfully most are now crossed out in my to-do list. :D
Been catching up with friends.. last Sunday the Dizons came over for dinner. They'll be moving back to the Philippines in January. Sad, no more Robbie and Idge. We had fun playing
Mario Party 2 on our
ancient Nintendo 64 console. Haha. I totally pwned them in
Hexagon Heat! :P
Yesterday I met up with Kai Chi, Bing Shu, Leon and Deborah at Sunset Way for steamboat. It was great catching up on old times. But it was too bad the rest couldn't make it. Thanks Kai for picking Monday for me! So sweet of you. (:
Today was the HeadBangers celebration of Natalie's birthday. Anglia and I met early to buy her gift and balloon. The balloon was so nice! :D Then Evan came, our "surprise" was foiled, ate lunch at Bel Mondo in Millennia Walk. That was good pizza. (: Had dessert at Bakerzin and as always, settled the myriad of bills without a proper calculator. D: Magic number: 1.177!
I've also been catching up on my reading. :D I finished
Eli, a book I bought some time back but had no opportunity to read 'till now. It asks the question:
What if Jesus had not come until today? It tells the story of Jesus in the context of today's society. I like how it makes the reader feel involved, as if they existed right in the gospels. The book reminded me of God's total and unconditional love for me; I couldn't stop the tears flowing. Thank You, Lord! I highly recommend you read the book.
So now I'm starting book #4 of
The Russians. Started reading the series December of last year and just picked up again now. The books are deep and thought-provoking historical novels. I plan to bring the rest to the Philippines to finish reading there. Hope my luggage is not too heavy. :P
I'm excited about my Philippines trip! Don't get me wrong, I do love going back. But for some reason I seem less unconcerned about it now. I think my brain seems to perceive it as a sort of escape from reality. It's about leaving behind the cares and concerns of this world. (And finding one's self in the midst of cares and concerns of a different sort, but that's a different story.) In Singapore I feel bound by things, people, events. I'm thinking of unwinding and slowing down a mite, to gain fresh insight and perspective. I want to reflect more and spend more moments with God. And this trip may just be the one to help me do just that. (: