Home for the Holidays. Excerpt 2.
I've been so busy and lazy to blog. How sad. So brace yourselves; this'll be a long one. Sorry!
Day 7: Tuesday, 15 DecWoke up really early to go to Divisoria with Lolo Tommy and Tita Cosette. All the people. ): I was able to buy 2 blouses. And Natalie bought lots. :P
Afterward, we ate at a Japanese restaurant called Tempura. Tried all sorts of sushi. They were a bit too sweet in my opinion. Too bad I couldn't take photos; I didn't bring my camera. D: I had a Banana Nut Shake. It too was too sweet. Oh, but the coffee jelly with vanilla ice cream was a good dessert. (:
After arriving back home, Natalie decided she was getting too "fat" and that we needed exercise. So we went running around the neighbourhood. I'm so unfit! After a while I got stitches on both sides. And they combined to form a huge stitch across my stomach. D: So I ended up walking. But we went around 3 times. And down and up the
O. :P
After dinner, Natalie and I accompanied our lolo to a nearby place so he could pay his mobile phone bills and buy flowers for lola; it was their anniversary the next day. At the same place Natalie and I found golden goblets that we thought would be nice to get for them for their 50th.

Lolo giving lola the flowers. :P
Day 8: Wednesday, 16 DecHAPPY 50th ANNIVERSARY LOLO AND LOLA! :D
Our breakfast in bed surprise became a breakfast at table. :P We woke up early! Look:

Well obviously I slept again. Haha. In the evening we ate out at Kenny Roger's. Huzzah for corn muffins! :D
Day 9: Thursday, 17 DecSpent the whole day at SM shopping! After everything, I managed to buy one blouse and a pair of slippers. My shoe hunt was unsuccessful. No surprise there. I think I should just resign myself to the fact that shoes hate me. Or rather, hate my big feet. ): Natalie, on the other hand, bought lots of stuff (again). Not to mention
shoes. SIGH. Oh well, more money for me?
Day 10: Friday, 18 DecWe paid a visit to our kinder/primary school, The Seed Montessori School. I hadn't been there in
ages. Come to think of it, I've never visited since graduating. :P
Our first stop was at the Office, from which we were subsequently shuffled into Teacher Mavis' house. O: And invited to have food. O:O: There were others there too. O:O:O: See!

Clockwise from left: Parent, Teacher Lily, mother, Tita Aileen, Teacher Jun, Teacher Mai, Teacher Mavis, Natalie, me
After a some chatting on old times and memories, and after forkfuls of spaghetti and cake, we said our goodbyes and continued our exploring of the grounds. Charmaine came, woo!

Here's me, Charm and Natalie at the (ex?) basketball court.
The place seems so tiny and packed with buildings. The area is small, so I guess there's not much they can do in terms of expansion. They built more levels though, so I guess that's one way around it. We visited the Casa (kinder) classrooms.


1) Pink Cube Tower! People always liked to steal the tiniest cube. :P
2) Me, Natalie, Charm in an elementary classroom. Small chairs! Haha.
Next, we visited the grade school classrooms. We interrupted a kid playing
Moon River on the violin and took pictures with Teacher Carmi, my Kinder and Grade 1 teacher. Muha.

We walked around again and took more photos.


1) Mango tree at basketball court
2) New garden area. Rather idyllic, eh? :D
We found Julio, me and Charm's ex-classmate, son of Teacher Mavis as well as Teacher Dors. :P

Teacher Dors, Teacher Mavis, Charm, Julio, me, Natalie
Pics of me and Charm around school:


1) Tiny canteen. Makes you wonder how everyone can fit. :P
2) Carpark/School bus parking/Loading and unloading area
More roaming, after watching the high schoolers and their Christmas party games..

Me and Natalie with the TSMS sign. 'Twasn't called TSMS 'till after we graduated. :P
We checked out the high school classrooms after. They used to be my classrooms in primary school.


1) Music room! Same almost-bare room, same red floor.
2) One of the high school classrooms. We used to decorate our blackboards whenever there was an occasion or event. Nice? (:
When we were about to leave; us with the welcome banner:

Time to leave. Hitched a ride with Tita Aileen's friend to a place where we could easily get a taxi. But we couldn't get one. So.. we rode the jeep instead! Haha. I don't think I'd ridden one before. (What kind of a Filipino am I? D:) 'Twas fun. :P I wanted to capture the moment, so I surreptitiously turned on my camera and took a shot randomly. Check it out:

Mother! Haha. What's in that box? A rooster. :P
Anyway, we decided to meet Charm in TriNoma later but went home first. Lolo drove most of the way but the traffic was too thick so we just got down and walked the rest of the way. There were so many people in TriNoma; it's a miracle we spotted each other. :P Went to Landmark and bought some gifts for people.
We took a break and ate Cinnabon! :D


1) Natalie and the "normal" and chocolatey cinnamon rolls!
2) Chocolate goodness!! *drool*
We didn't have a ride home, so.. we took the jeep again! By ourselves. Oohhh. Haha. It's fun! And windy. :P
Day 11: Saturday, 19 DecWe had an outing with Tita Bong, Tita Edna and Daniel. :D:D We ate at Burgoo for lunch. (I remember when I ate there with Hannah, Charm and Molly last year. Haha!) I like how you can draw on the paper table covering. :P

Me drawing a rose. See all the stars! :D
The food was awesome; but I got full quickly and wasn't able to finish my linguine ): The servings were so huge! We had to bring home leftovers. :P



1) Seafood Caesar Salad
2) Daniel and his Fillet Mignon
3) Natalie and Daniel outside Burgoo
We went to the building opposite to buy some stuff and had dessert. :P Crepes rock! Too bad they didn't look too appealing, so no pics here.


1) Piping hot coffee
2) Me, Natalie, Daniel, mother, Tita Edna, Tita Bong
Father and Gibby arrived later in the evening. Yay!
Day 12: Sunday, 20 DecYet another early day for us because we went to church in FCCF. Father was the preacher. After the service was a Christmas presentation by the children.


Then we just took random pics with old friends and had lunch. (:


1) Natalie, me, Hannah, Jotham, Raphael, Jam
2) FCCF :D
We went back to lola's house for lunch and to rest before the party later. We also practised
The Most Wonderful Time of the Year, which we would be singing later. Yeah, in 4 parts. I took a nap. :D
So we went to Seafood Garden, where the celebration would be held. After some preparations, it started. There was a programme and of course eating. Too much food again. D: Let me just let the photos speak for themselves:



1) Lola and Lolo and their yummy cake!
2) From top: Justin, lola, lolo, Genie, Tita Cosette, Lolo Tommy
3) From top: mother, lola, lolo, father, Daniel, Gibby, me, Natalie



1) Gibby on violin (Notice the table behind is completely unoccupied!)
2) Daniel on flute
3) Father sharing from the Bible (Notice the "youngies + 2 oldies" table.)
And now for the food:


1) Anna and Daniel with food (and soft drinks)
2) This was the weirdest dish there. Is that
hair?? o_O
After the programme and some eating, there was "part 2" of the programme. And although me and my family sang already, it wasn't recorded on video so we had to sing again. D: And the second time was bad. ): But
Angels We Have Heard on High was better the second time around. I've no pics to show, sadly. Anyway, my parents sang impromptu with Tita Edna and Tita Bong as the "Sunbeams":

Here are some cake moments:



MUHAHAHA. Look at the buttery yellow rose decor on the cake! :P
After everything, we took lots of family photos. We were joking how we could be in
Mano Po 7. Haha.




I won't name people anymore. Just perhaps in the last pic. From top: Tito Dave, Tita Edna, Tita Bong, mother, father, Natalie, Daniel, Lola Fe, lola, lolo, Gibby, me
We stood outside the function room talking for quite some time, since some people were engaged in deep conversation. :P

Us and tree!
Daniel came home with us to have a sleepover! And we introduced him to
Plants vs. Zombies. We ended up sleeping late. D:
Day 13: Monday, 21 DecNext day we went to visit our other lola. Afterward, Natalie, Gibby, Daniel, father and I went to TriNoma for last-minute Christmas gift shopping. We managed to buy something for everyone, yay!


1) Natalie with her "fanatical" look pointing at a huge picture of our cousin, Christian Bautista. You can see Daniel's blurry figure on the right. :P
2) Daniel (aka Kenyo) loves the churros in Taco Bell! (The waiter dude got his name wrong.)
This is really long now so I think I'll end here first then put the rest in another post. Anyway, I finished the next book, so I asked Gibby and father to bring the next two. :P:P I've been eating too much, oh no! And there're lots of cockroaches here. D: 'Till next time!