doughnuts
tea stains
tree hugger
karissa

SNIFF
Right click. Select 'Show All'. :D


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

BITE
SIP
anglia carmina charmaine evan felicia gerald guomin jieying joanne jocelyn kaichi kaiyih karen michael mikhail molly natalie pauline peizhen rosanne

SAVOUR
Photo Brushes Photoshop
Christmas and the sunk cost bias
I've been feeling the urge to blog like, every single day. Many thoughts have found no outlet. Will they be forever stuck in this tiny brain of mine? But lack of time and effort have restrained me. ):

On the other hand, the advent of Facebook has certainly been adding to the lack of attention I place on my blog. Still, though, I need to retreat to the 'privacy' of my blog at times. I've actually given thought to making my blog private, but since not many people read it nowadays anyway, perhaps not anytime soon.

A few days ago, I was walking through Orchard Road and was acutely aware of people scuttling to get to their destination, stressed and not happy. Most of them were shopping for Christmas gifts. In their haste, they pushed and scowled and hardly glanced at the elderly lady selling tissue packs to support her crippled friend. Hurry, hurry, hurry. Everywhere!

What ever happened to the love and joy of Christmastime? Maybe it's too much to ask of people in Singapore. But I was just saddened.

I realised that I didn't feel Christmas. I know it isn't a feeling. But I guess what I mean is, I was just too busy to stop and reflect. To reflect on blessings the past year. On Jesus and why He came. On how best to share Christmas with others. And so on.

I was just thinking a few days ago about how if I lived in Bible times, I could very well be one of those legalistic Pharisees. I'd be going through the motions of rituals religiously and as perfectly as possible. Maybe this is a bit far-fetched. But I hope you get the point.

I guess one example of this is the recent caroling session I had with the PJ Alumni Choir. I can't even begin to explain my emotions and frustrations. Sigh. Let's just say the standard was sub-sub-sub-par. I was disappointed. I kept thinking, 'SUNK COST BIAS'. But my point is, I was so wrapped up in everyone perfecting the notes and harmonising that I forgot the whole point of caroling: to spread Christmas cheer! I wasn't happy. I was worried and frustrated. ):

Dart me and my perfectionist ways! Lord Jesus, thank You for Christmas and the hope I have in You because of it. Thanks for all Your blessings this year!





----------------------------------------------------------
Monday, December 27, 2010 @ 11:57 pm